Thread: Moving to Auckland - Getting Real Estate Agents to search the right places

Default Moving to Auckland - Getting Real Estate Agents to search the right places

As mentioned in my intro, we are moving to Auckland end December/beginning of January.

Part 1 - Our idea is to engage several real estate agents to start looking for us to buy and keep us supplied with new properties that crop up. We'll be dropping in every few months to see and possibly decide.
    Does anyone know any GODD r/e agents . . . that could handle this? I don't have a lot of confidence in this branch of our economy after twenty years of working abroad and dealing with r/e agents.

Part 2 - We are looking at north of the city as this area generally rates as the safest region - we have two girls - and also as having good schools. We're not rich by any stretch of the imagination, but would drop what we could on the right place in the right area - not much to go on, I know - apologies.

No need for us to go to the CBD as we work from home but frequent use of the airport is mandatory - but proximity isn't that important either.

Ideas anyone?

Reliable <cough> real estate agents?

Good areas in the north to buy?

Good schools nearby, which would probably guide our decision to buy?

Thanks very much.

To buy a property in Auckland now, you have to be rich, or at least imagine you are rich.

I have a couple of Barfoot contacts that I use - both for buying and rental. Message me once you have posted at least 5 messages.

Thanks, Bulu. I'll do some posting . . . but I have no idea what a 'Barfoot' is, sorry.

Barfoot and Thompson is a well-known NZ estate agency.

Quote Originally Posted by AmSydSing View Post
    . . . but I have no idea what a 'Barfoot' is, sorry.
    A 'Barfoot' is mainly a person and can also be a real estate agent (doesn't have to be, though).

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Barfoot and Thompson is a well-known NZ estate agency.
    Quote Originally Posted by dharder View Post
    A 'Barfoot' is mainly a person and can also be a real estate agent (doesn't have to be, though).
    Gotcha! Thank you. I guess aside from replacing the 'e' with an 'i' (or is it a 'u'?) in pronunciation there are many new things to learn! No, I'm not an Aussie.