Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JSV job offer from a new starting company

Default JSV job offer from a new starting company

i got job offer from a new starting company in last month of my JSV visa. CO now told company to provide financial details for company of last 2 years but company told they are just starting up their business so they can't provide these details my visa is near to expire. i don't know what to do now as i was not aware about this requirement of Immigration and more over immigration also not given me any instructions about selection of company while issuing JSV.Please guide me what should i do now.

I don't think there is anything that YOU can do about this - it is your employer that will need to offer something else to INZ to check. I think I remember seeing that for someone else in your situation, the employer showed INZ their business plan, so they could see that everything was on a sound footing. (The important thing for INZ is that the business is solid, and they are not likely to be issuing a visa to someone who will be out of work if the business folds next week or next month.)

I was also exactly in the same situation 2-years (July, 2013) ago.
    I then contacted JandM which he said INZ won't accept new companies offer letters unless they are very sound in their upcoming projects and plans. Otherwise, look for alternative.

I then looked for other job. I still remember. Nothing discouraging but ask your employer for information as per JandM's suggestion.

Regards,
    Raju

Did you take a new job, or did you get residence in the end by staying with the first employer, Raju?

my company incorporated in August 2014. my SMC application approved in May 2015. I have submitted to INZ for last 8 months (August 2014 to March 2015) financial statement only.

It was a new employer JandM. That time I was cautious in selecting employer.
    I had two job offers. One from 4-yr old and other is 30-yr old.
    I felt 30-yr old is better and went with it. The residence was straight without a single question.

Quote Originally Posted by chahal View Post
    i got job offer from a new starting company in last month of my JSV visa. CO now told company to provide financial details for company of last 2 years but company told they are just starting up their business so they can't provide these details my visa is near to expire. i don't know what to do now as i was not aware about this requirement of Immigration and more over immigration also not given me any instructions about selection of company while issuing JSV.Please guide me what should i do now.
    Did you pass on your employers response to your Case Officer? Your Case officer might be able to suggest you some alternative document/information.

Hi Everyone.

I have also a same problem..
    I got a Job in a company which was 7 years old but few months back there was problem between the patners of company and my employer changed the company name which means he started a new company .
    I have applied for Residency under SMC from the new company .
    Here is the situation
    When I applied for residency everything was working fine but last week my employer is saying he had not much work left and planning to change the business plan of company .He is not firing me but under new business plan the new job which he will give me is not skill job.

This may take another 2 months .. I have submitted my ITA .are there any chances of my application get decline because of these problem?

JandM I really needed your advise .
    Please help and sorry for poking in someone else thread.

He is not firing me but under new business plan the new job which he will give me is not skill job.

This may take another 2 months .. I have submitted my ITA .are there any chances of my application get decline because of these problem?
    Unfortunately, yes, this is a problem. You have to tell INZ about any change in your circumstances, and that includes the job. When you submitted your ITA, you had a skilled job - that is important because you are applying under the Skilled Migrant Category. Unless your employer will change his mind, or unless you can get another job using the skill you prove on your ITA, your application will be refused.

It will also be a problem under your existing work visa. That was granted on the basis that you were doing your original, skilled job. If your work changes to unskilled, you could not get a variation of conditions http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1187, but would have to apply for new work visa. For an unskilled job, that is not going to be easy to get. Sorry to have to tell you bad news.

Hi JandM, I am a job search visa holder and a software developer. I got a job offer last month. That's a start up company which was established in 2016. But the company has secured over $US3 million ($NZ4.1 million) in venture capital funding to help it build current operations in New Zealand and Australia, and expand into Singapore and the US. I submitted my employment agreement and job offer to INZ this month.
    My company can't provide financial details for last 2 years. I don't know how to explain to INZ about it. But actually my company has a big plan and sufficient money. Please help me about how to let my CO believe that my company's business is solid and I can get my Resident Visa.

Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast