Thread: Work visa for partnership no.2

Default Work visa for partnership no.2

Hi there.

My partner is currently living with me in NZ on a work partnership visa that expires in November 2015.
    My question is this - If she applies and is granted another work visa, what date would this visa be activated on? would it be activated immediately or would it continue on after visa no.1 expires (I hope).

Thanks for your time

hi! based on my experience they will start on the day they approve your visa. so when you apply a work visa in June 2015 and inz approve in June 2015, then it will start on June 2015. hope I answered your question.

Quote Originally Posted by angelengel View Post
    hi! based on my experience they will start on the day they approve your visa. so when you apply a work visa in June 2015 and inz approve in June 2015, then it will start on June 2015. hope I answered your question.
    Thank you very much!

Was hoping it wasn't the case but it is what it is.

Thanks for your time

I have just discovered that one can only stay in NZ 2 years maximum on work visas.
    Since my partner has 6 months left on her 12 month visa, I am wondering whether she could apply for a 18 month visa from today. this timeframe would ensure that her total stay would be 24 months. Does anyone have experience with applying for 18 months rather than 12 months. Is it an option?

Why don't you apply for residency rather than a temp visa? Although you have only lived in NZ together for 6 months I would assume you have lived elsewhere together before

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwilad View Post
    Why don't you apply for residency rather than a temp visa? Although you have only lived in NZ together for 6 months I would assume you have lived elsewhere together before

It's a good question.
    It was our original plan, but I feel that we have no sufficent evidence that would please INZ to grant my partner residence. Last year we lived together in Bangkok, and did alot of travelling and took alot of photos as evidence. I believe this made our last two successful applications strong (A limited 3 month visa, and a one year work visa). Since moving back to NZ in January, we have both only been working and haven't been on any trips where we would have photos together, nor do we have any shared assets. I feel like a residence application would fall flat at this point.

Hi everyone

I have a question regarding translating documents. My partner has many documents in the thai language such as birth certifcate and passport. Do these need to be translated before applying through a NZ INZ branch? I have not faced this issue before as our two previous applications were in Thailand and translation wasn't necessary.

What are

Yes, foreign language documents need to be translated. http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...anslations.htm Those are the INZ requirements for translations.

Thanks JandM

My partner's work visa expires on the 27th November 2015. If she applies for Residence under partnership next week, does it have any chance of being finalized before then? She will be applying through the Christchurch branch

It is unlikely, but it is just possible, given that she has already had partner-sponsored work visas, so they have already granted the fact that you are a genuine couple. I think she needs to be prepared to have to apply for another partner-sponsored temporary work visa, alongside the residence one, if INZ say so.