Thread: Hello everyone. I have some questions about residence visa please help me

Default Hello everyone. I have some questions about residence visa please help me

I 'm an international student and I have a partner, we've been together for 8 months and have been living with each other for 3 months. We have a plan for her to sponsor me to obtain the residence so we can be together. But I've been working too much and the school's gonna terminate my student permit, so bad. I was so addicted in making money
    So is it the end to us ? I heard there's the partnership based visitor visa for people who's not living with each other for 12 months. Can I apply for it ? Am I eligible ? What's it requirement ?

Yes, this is the end. For holders of a student visa, getting to live in New Zealand is a privilege, not a right. Try having more respect for the country's laws next time.

There is a partner-sponsored temporary work visa http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm, which can be applied for by those with about 3 months' evidence of partnership. However, you are not going to be eligible to apply for it when once the university withdraws your student status, because you will no longer have a valid visa to be in NZ.

You are going to have to talk to INZ to see if there is anything you that can be done to regularize your position, but they will not necessarily be willing or able to smooth the way for you. The moment your student visa is withdrawn, you will be breaking the law, and they would be within their rights to deport you. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/45057.htm However, there have been some people who have done the same as you have managed to sort things out with immigration, to get a proper visa. Your partner will want to sponsor you, but you can't apply in the normal way, and you will have to be considered by the minister as a special case. If you and your husband are not confident about speaking to the INZ officials yourselves, you can ask the Citizens' Advice, and you may need to contact an immigration lawyer or licensed immigration adviser.

I think he's already broken the law. Otherwise, they would not have arranged for this student visa to be cancelled. He has admitted to working more than the allowed number of hours.

@OP: You need to try again in a few years, mate.

No I haven't broke the law yet. They said they'll consider to terminate me I'm now staying lawfully in NZ. So I can apply for another visa right now ?

Well, they haven't caught you for it so far - working more hours than you are allowed to is illegal. You are strongly advised not to break the law - any law - any more. Every NZ visa carries a character requirement, and this is taken very seriously, from traffic violations upwards. Fraud involving immigration law is one of the most seriously regarded. Anyone who gets caught for that faces a long period of time when they would be barred from getting any other NZ visa, and this would be on their record internationally, so visas for other countries would also be refused.

Anyway, here you are - that link again to the partner-sponsored temporary work visa. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm You will need a lot of really good evidence of living together, for around three months at least. See the old threads to give you some more ideas, as well as what INZ themselves suggest. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

Notice, however, that if the university decide to carry out their threat to expel you from the course, and therefore your student visa becomes invalid, any application you have put in in the meantime will be affected.

The way your original post was worded, it seemed like you had already done something illegal and your uni had made up their mind about having your visa cancelled (i.e. process was under way). If that's not the case and you were simply given a warning, then there's still hope. A lot depends on what your uni ends up doing.

Keep in mind though, if you have breached your visa conditions, you *have* broken the law. Thanks to your misleading/poor English, it's hard to tell what's exactly happened. As long as there is no official record of what you did, you should be okay.

Hello,

As JandM said, You are strongly advised not to break the law - any law - any more.

It will not only affect your ANY TYPE of VISA in future and you can't apply for Residence (as your question heading says).

INZ can access all your information through ALL GOVT sites like IRD etc. Also, you will be asked to provide all CORRECT information.
    If INZ finds anything is wrong or any false information is provided, it might reject your application or hibernates (does not take any decision for years).

Regards,
    Raju