Thread: Working Holiday Visa Question

Default Working Holiday Visa Question

Hi,

I'm applying for the UK working holiday scheme, but currently I live in China. As China is not one of the countries designated as low risk for TB, I could be required to fill in a chest x-ray form. However it also states that the form is only for if you plan to stay longer than six months, which I do not intend to do.

Do I still need the chest x-ray because the minimum length of the working holiday visa is 1yr? If I can provide flight details out of the country will that be enough? It would be great to not have to do it as finding a doctor willing to fill out the form is likely to be expensive due to the language barrier.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Letting you know someone has seen this and you're not being ignored. I don't know an answer to give you, though. I think your quickest and surest way to an answer would be to contact INZ themselves directly.

Thanks for responding.

I have already been in touch with INZ, they didn't seem able/willing to give a straight yes or no. I was told to simply submit my application and I will be told whether or not a chest x-ray was necessary. I was pretty unsatisfied with this answer as the application will surely automatically tell me to get an x-ray as it is not able to factor in the fact I don't intend to stay for the entire period of the visa. Was pretty disappointed with INZ on this to be honest.

INZ telephone answerers are a sort of human FAQ - the response you get depends on which bit of the data base they happen to call up, and if the wording there matches your query. You might get a more helpful reaction if you start out by saying that you KNOW your question isn't dealt with in the normal regulations, so could you speak to a supervisor or other official who is able to interpret and apply the rules to your particular case.