Thread: SMC - Proof of work experience

Question SMC - Proof of work experience

Hi all,

I have what might be a slightly strange question and I would appreciate anyone with experience giving me their thoughts on the matter.

Can you provide too much information?

I have 10 years relavent work experience in my related field all with the same employer (albeit over a number of different posts) and this links to the job offer I have recieved in NZ as the work is very similar.

When it comes to submitting prrof of work experience I intend on submitting a number of items.
    • Statement from HR with work history (Dates etc)
    • letters from my 3 previous line managers in support of my work experience
    • Copies of all my previous Tax returns for the 10 year period

I was advised that the HR statement should be sufficient but having had a look at this, I feel that its a bit light in terms of detail and having the extra info would go some way to rounding everything off.

I guess my main concern is that I submit "too much" and end up complicating matters with multiple documents even when they do all say the same thing.

Anyone else had any similar thoughts?

Payslips
    Appointment letter or Offer letter issued by your employer.

Dont worry about complicating matters by submitting too much documents. Submission of multiple documents actually helps the CO to process your file faster(IMHO). I had submitted what ever I had with me with regards to Work experience(which was for 7 different employers) and still CO had requested for Letter of Appointment/ previous payslips/work permits etc.

So it is better to submit all at one go rather than wait for your CO to request for additional documents.

Thanks for the response.

I will go with that approach and hopefully everything is well covered.

Cheers

Yes, send all. I also sent Appointment Letter, Salary revision letters, designation change letters along with pay slips and work description letter.