Thread: Essential Skills Visa Requirements

Default Essential Skills Visa Requirements

Hi! This is my first post

I have a job offer from a NZ employer, for a position as a web developer. I hold a Bsc degree, as well as 4 years experience, 2 of those years though was whilst I was still completing my degree(working full time and studying)...based on that I am unsure if I would qualify for an essential skills visa? On the LTSSL, it says I need 3 years post-qualification work experience - and on the ANZSCO it states "Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).".

Has anyone applied this route before in a similar situation? Do the LTSSL requirements rule me out because I only have 2 years post-qualification experience, or are the essential skills visas based on ANZSCO?

Thanks in advance!!

On the LTSSL, it says I need 3 years post-qualification work experience
    That is the requirement for bonus points for LTSSL for the EOI if you're applying for residence under SMC - it's not required for an Essential Skills visa. Congratulations on your job offer!

Thank you!