Thread: Parent Category: Tier One

Default Parent Category: Tier One

I have been reliably informed that the cut off date for selection of EOIs for Tier One Parent Category applications in May 2015 was 18 December 2014. I will publish more details on the trends when the figures are available. Anyone whose EOI was submitted successfully on 17 October 2014 would have waited 7 months to be selected. People whose EOI was submitted successfully on 19 December 2014 will have to wait until mid August - 8 months.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the update.

It is really long time for selection of EOIs. Not sure how much time they will take to approve.

Regards,
    Raju

My MIL's app went in in Nov 2014 and was picked in Feb 2015, Tier 1.

I'm afraid things are slowing down in this category. There have been more applications than expected and this is a capped category - that is there are a maximum number of places each year. Once the EOI has been selected it can take a while (4 weeks plus) for the ITA to come through as this is all still paper-based. Once the ITA has arrived and the application submitted, the waiting time varies depending on the INZ Office. Most offices have already exceeded their quota for this financial year (ending 30 June). My guess is that the processing time once the application is in will be between 3 and 6 months. (Hagabel - I think your MIL must have been an exception of some sort as the cut off date for selections in Feb 2015 was 16 October 2014. Maybe there were some that failed between EOI selection and ITA issue stage and she slipped in through the gap - good for her! Hope she gets her visa soon!)