Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only EOIs with job offers getting through ? PLEASE HELP! !

Default Only EOIs with job offers getting through ? PLEASE HELP! !

Hello
    Can anyone help ?
    It seems that the only EOIs being approved are those with job offers .
    How is it possible to get an NZ job offer when we won't be living there for about 12 months because the process takes so long ?
    We have 120 points but how can we have a job offer so far ahead ? Chicken & egg ! Can't get approval without offer, can't get job offer so far ahead (can I ?)... CONFUSED !!! HELP ???
    Last edited by Danielle Green; 20th May 2015 at 08:37 PM.

It is more than a year since any EOI that did not have 140 points (or 100 points including a job offer) was selected. I have no idea how long it is since one with 120 points an no job offer was selected, my records don't go back that far. Sorry! Is there any way you can increase your points? You could look at going to NZ as visitors and job searching- are you UK citizens? You could look at other routes, but I am almost certain your EOI will not be selected unless you can get to 140 points or you get that job offer. Once you have made 5 posts you can send me a Private Message or you can complete the http://www.workstudylivenewzealand.c...questionnaire/ and I will see if I have any ideas - this is a free service with no obligations!

It seems that the only EOIs being approved are those with job offers .
    This is not true. An EOI with 140 points and no job offer will be selected at the very next draw. An EOI with a job offer only needs 100 points to be selected at the next draw.

There are people on the forum who have managed to get a job offer by going to NZ on a recce trip, on a visitor's visa, having previously made arrangements to meet agencies and potential employers, and also to go cold calling to show their face and leave their CV at as many other suitable places as possible.

Oh, simulpost with Karen, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    This is not true. An EOI with 140 points and no job offer will be selected at the very next draw. An EOI with a job offer only needs 100 points to be selected at the next draw.

There are people on the forum who have managed to get a job offer by going to NZ on a recce trip, on a visitor's visa, having previously made arrangements to meet agencies and potential employers, and also to go cold calling to show their face and leave their CV at as many other suitable places as possible.

Hi,

In several threads I have seen that people advise to travel to new zealand previously to formalize a job offer, in order to do so you will have to pre arrenged meetings with recruitmen agencies and potential employers. As for my personal experience I havent been able to get in touch with any potential employer through job portals such as SEEK, New Kiwis, Jodhunt or Workhere. So what is the advise on the method to get in touch with potential employers?, also. specifically, which are the recruitmen agencies that everyone talks about?

Appreciatte very much your sincere answers on this thread

Research what employers and agencies there are operating in your industry in NZ by using Google or any other search engine. (For instance, entering "Manufacturing Wellington NZ" brought up this lot of hits. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=manufacturing+Wellington+NZ And "recruitment agencies Wellington NZ" gave these. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=recruitm...+wellington+nz Obviously, you can do this for any career, and any NZ location.) Even if a job you saw advertised on Seek etc. has now been filled, once you get the name of the company, you can go to their own website and look for details about recruitment. You can ask for a meeting to discuss future possibilities, even if they are not currently advertising a vacancy.

If you can obtain a job offer from a NZ employer you may be able to lodge an application for a temporary work visa to enable you to get working whilst your SMC application is under way. a temporary work visa can be approved within 4-6 weeks or so I have been told!

Ive just been through this process myself and am applying under both the SMC and Work visa routes. If you are eligible to get the temporary work visa this will help with your discussions with NZ employers as you can get out and start working much sooner than if you wait for the SMC visa to be approved which as you say, can take a long time.

Otherwise as others have said, its just about making as many contacts as possible and getting your name out there so that if there are vacancies in the future, you stand a chance of being contacted about them.

I submitted an EOI with 130 points and it just expired... doesn't make sense at all. If someone can claim 130 points without an offer (would easily be 180 with one), how does that make them worse than somebody with 120 and job offer?

The person with the job offer has impressed a NZ employer enough to make him/her commit to giving them the job, so it's one up in the real world, not just down to theoretical numbers of the likelihood of that person being employed (which is what the various aspects of the application for residence stand for).

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post

Dear JandM & Karen,

Can I check if an EOI with 100-140 points with job offer on the registrant (NOT the main applicant) will get selected at the next draw?

Interesting question! I haven't had dealings with this exact situation, where the secondary applicant gets a job offer but not the main applicant. I rather think that the answer is "No, it won't". How many points would you have if you put in an EOI with the secondary applicant as the new Primary Applicant? If it's over a 100, this would be worth considering. Might be worth a call to INZ just to check. One other option is that you head to NZ on a Work Visa based on the job offer, get partnership work visa for the partner and appropriate visas or nay children. Once there, the other person would be in a much stronger position to get a job offer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast