Thread: English Certificate

Default English Certificate

Hello Jand,
    I am from India, want to know what letter have to asked university about entire bachelor degree course in English, it is mandatory to submit? or transcript is enough which stated course was conducted in English.Now a days every thing available on University website.
    Thanks in advance.

It has to be a separate letter, so far anyway. Whenever anyone has submitted their application, saying e.g. that it says on the transcript, or it says on the degree certificate, that it was all taught in English, INZ have always replied requiring a separate letter. I think they are particularly strict about Indian universities, because a few years ago, there was a big scandal after it was found that a lot of institutions in India had been selling fake qualifications of various sorts, so, understandably, anything from a similar source is particularly carefully checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It has to be a separate letter, so far anyway. Whenever anyone has submitted their application, saying e.g. that it says on the transcript, or it says on the degree certificate, that it was all taught in English, INZ have always replied requiring a separate letter. I think they are particularly strict about Indian universities, because a few years ago, there was a big scandal after it was found that a lot of institutions in India had been selling fake qualifications of various sorts, so, understandably, anything from a similar source is particularly carefully checked out.
    Thanks Jandm
    One advise also want my wife has done B.A(special English)& M.A(entire English) she also need same letter?

Yes, she will.

Unless you can with multiple documentation/proof for your english language, it is better to appear/clear IELTS with score of 6.5 or above for primary applicant. You can probably submit the letter from University for your spouse which may or may not be accepted by your CO. INZ usually expects the IELTS scorecard for primary applicant & spouse if you are from a country where english is not a primary language.

Hi JandM
    One more thing want to confirm I give a proof of my daughter about English language she is 17 years old, it's sufficient to give proof on school letter head and secondary school last result?

It should be, yes, if her education there has all been conducted in English.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It should be, yes, if her education there has all been conducted in English.
    Thanks, her entire education is in English.