Thread: What after Blue Stickers stamping on Passport to come to NZ?

Post What after Blue Stickers stamping on Passport to come to NZ?

Hi Forum Members,

I applied for Residence Visa and am Approved In Principle (AIP). I have got Blue Stickers on my passport.
    Please guide me if there is anything other step (/ formality) I need to complete to come to NZ (besides getting Air ticket ).

Regards,
    Ankur

Make sure you plan to travel leaving at least several days before the date on the visa when it must be used. That date is an absolute must, no excuses (such as travel delays) accepted.

The final formality is presenting your passport at Immigration at the airport when you arrive in NZ - when the official stamps it and very often says, 'Welcome home!' that starts the clock for your two years' travel conditions.

Thanks JandM. You are a STAR.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Make sure you plan to travel leaving at least several days before the date on the visa when it must be used. That date is an absolute must, no excuses (such as travel delays) accepted.

The final formality is presenting your passport at Immigration at the airport when you arrive in NZ - when the official stamps it and very often says, 'Welcome home!' that starts the clock for your two years' travel conditions.

Hi Jandm,

I thought I knew but when I saw your reply, I got confused. Just to clarify, your answer only applies to those who received residency when they are still outside of NZ? For those already in NZ, the 2 year clock should start as at the date stated in the blue sticker? Apologies if I have asked an obvious question.

Yes, you're right. If you get your Residence while in NZ, it starts 'working' as soon as the sticker is in your passport.

Hi JandM how about in our case my OH and child is still offshore and we are all together granted our residence visa. They will come here probably first quarter of next year. When is there residence visa activated? And when they will qualify for PR? Is it the same when I meet the 2 years requirement? I'm a bit confused on this. Hope you could give me a clear explanation on this matter. Thank you.

Their residence visas will be activated on the day they arrive, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, they can't be activated unless they come to NZ, so they must arrive before the date stated, or they would just lapse.

Whenever you, the principal applicant, qualify for PR, then they qualify for PR too. They don't have to do anything towards this, except just that one arrival in NZ to activate their visas.

Hi Ankur,

Congrats...

Hi JandM,

Thank you very much. I am about to ask the same question. Mine is also same case. Residency activated when I am in NZ.
    This clarifies for my PR too. Thanks a ton once again.

Regards,
    Raju