Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cultural arrange wedding INZ

Default Cultural arrange wedding INZ

Hi
    I want to apply visitor visa as i am getting married to a NZ citizen and i know her form 2013 when i was student I new zealand we still in contact , she lives in nz and i live overseas now and our wedding follows the cultural and tradition but we don't have any match maker between us is it all rite or having a match maker is important?

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will answer you soon but I believe you have to live together for a period of time, 3 or 6 months?

This may help you more.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...artnership.htm
    Last edited by Hagabel; 26th May 2015 at 08:11 PM.

Here are the more detailed regulations. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/46505.htm

As you can see, there is no mention of a professional match maker, but it says "an identified cultural tradition where the arrangements for the marriage, including the initial selection of the persons to be married, are made by persons who are not parties to the marriage." If the parents on both sides have been in contact about the match, that could fulfil this requirement.

And for this visa, you do not have to have lived together before the marriage - you have to keep careful records of living together from as soon as you do, and then apply for a partner-sponsored work visa to run from straight after the special visitor's visa which makes the marriage possible runs out.

Thank you so much for your reply both of our family know about our relation but will i be interviewed my the visa officer

The visa requirement is that it is the families who have arranged the marriage, so that is what the visa officer needs to hear to tick the boxes.

thank for your help have you got any idea what is the time frame of INZ New Delhi because on immgration website it say 1 to 5 weeks and on tt services website say 2 to 3 week which one is correct

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1990 View Post
    thank for your help have you got any idea what is the time frame of INZ New Delhi because on immgration website it say 1 to 5 weeks and on tt services website say 2 to 3 week which one is correct
    We would have no idea. the TT services website is the most accurate info, or should be. So 1-5 weeks is what I would go with. Immigration is a thorough, but sometimes slow process.

INZ timings are only ever a guess, based on recent averages, never a promise. They're imprecise enough that a potential difference of two weeks in the maximum time stated is meaningless, and you can't rely on its being ONLY that long. I know that is disappointing to hear, but that said, there is not a huge amount of checking to be done at this stage, so I am sure they will want to be getting the processing done as soon as they can. Good luck!

Hi can anyone plss tell if we qualifying all the rules to culture wedding visa rule can inz stop our wedding I know it's bit different question but am so worried about this because last time inz new delhi did stop my wedding when I had applied for work under partnership we gave each and every evidence in support of visa but they think we are not partners at all and decline my visa that was really sad moment for both of our family and due to decline problem we had to postpone the wedding

INZ could have anyone arrested whom they suspected of breaking the law, including immigration law, which would effectively stop the wedding if it happened just beforehand. But if your visa is approved before you enter the country, the question will not arise, because the existence of the visa would show that all necessary checks have been carried out, and matters are in accordance with the law.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast