Thread: Question about Work reference

Exclamation Question about Work reference

Hi everyone,

I have question about work reference, I worked for the company name A from 2006 to 2010. however, in 2013 that company being sold for another company name B. So now I ask for a reference and it only can be stamped by company B not company A (as my country law, when the company being sold or corrupt, they must return their stamp to the government to be destroy) the business remain the same, but the name of the company is changed as well as the stamp. My manager is the same, he has worked for both company form 2006 until now and he happy to sign a reference for me. However, on company B website, introduce about their company that has been established on 2013. (but my reference is from 2006-2010)

So is this ok if I give the work reference with: company B name, address, website... being signed by my manager and stamp of company B? Will immigration officer happy for that? If they want to check, they can call directly to company B to see my manager.

Any people has the same case as me? OR how can you manage to have a work reference that was from the past?

Please help,
    Cheers,
    Hannah,

Quote Originally Posted by hannah nguyen View Post
    Hi everyone,

So is this ok if I give the work reference with: company B name, address, website... being signed by my manager and stamp of company B? Will immigration officer happy for that? If they want to check, they can call directly to company B to see my manager.

Please help,
    Cheers,
    Hannah,
    Yes, but ensure that you provide this explanation in the cover letter with regards to your predicament.

I think better to get a letter from your manager stating the same, that the company name has changed from A to B, and you worked under him for the company A.

I didn't have this issue, but I think it may help.

Yes, I agree - you need to have the manager write you that letter, and include his contact details so that INZ can check with him when your application is being processed.

Thank you everybody, so should my reference letter like this:

I.... confirm that Ms Hannah has worked as (position) under my supervise from....to... at the company name A which was sold for company B in 2013 with a duty as below.....

Points of English: '...under my supervision' and 'with duties as below'.

He also needs to state that your job was full-time, and that it was a skilled job for which you were qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Points of English: '...under my supervision' and 'with duties as below'.

He also needs to state that your job was full-time, and that it was a skilled job for which you were qualified.
    thank you