Thread: Resident Application Processing Time for Auckland

Default Resident Application Processing Time for Auckland

Hi There,

Would be great if anyone could help me about the processing time for Auckland Central Branch.

27 Mar - Case Officer contacted me; stating that she needs some documents and will send a questioner to employer.

28 Mar - Received Email from C.Offr requiring documents; Pay Slip, Bank Statement and IRD Summary for year.Submitted those documents on 30 Mar.

9 Apr - Got confirmation from Employer said they submitted the answers already.

20 Apr - Case Offr said application in process and will take 6 to 9 months.

Visa running out last week of Jun

Anyone could tell how long Case Offr will take to announce the decision ??

Answer would be much appreciated, thanks

There is no way to tell. The timing depends entirely on how many cases are going through the office at the same time as yours, and how complicated they are (as well as yours), because every case officer works cases in rotation. It also depends on how quickly other people reply to queries sent out by the CO.

Since your visa runs out in less than eight weeks' time, in your place I would contact the CO, point that out, and ask whether your residence is likely to come through in time, or whether you should apply for a further work visa (which can be processed far more quickly). For some people, a query like that has the residence visa magically appearing the following week, whereas, if there is a lot of work still to be done on it, they can tell you so, and there is plenty of time to put in for the other one to cover yourself.

Thanks for the reply JandM,

I did Level -7 Business, my 2 years work VISA will run out on 28 Jun. Just wondering about following :-

Which VISA form No !! should I use to apply for my next VISA and under which category ?

what documents do I need to submit for my Next VISA ? I gave and they have everything as my Residence Application is already in under process.

EOI Selected - 2 Feb
    ITA (Documents submitted) - 23 Feb
    Case Offr contact -27 Mar
    Case Offr sent Email for -28 Mar (Saturday)
    addition documents
    Additional documents submtd - 30 Mar
    Decision from Case Offr - Still Waiting ?????

Kind Regards

Hi JandM,

12 May - I asked my CO to update me on my Residence application

14 May - She said you "Please note that you have provided medicals with previous application and we had referred the same to our medical assessor. The medicals assessor requested further information before the medicals can be assessed. I have attached what tests the Medical assessor wants you to do."

Those tests were for :-
    (a) Sputum Culture AFB Series
    (b) Lateral Chest X-Ray

15 May - I already have done those test during my previous application. My result came normal during those reports. I sent the same reports to CO for further submission to MAs.

15 May - She Email me and said, Thanks for the reports.

28 May - I ask for a update on Residence application.

28 May - My CO said "we have to sort out your medicals and I am not sure how long that will take"

I served in ARMY for more than 6 yrs, I recruited in Army with Healthy status and left ARMY with same Healthy status after 6 yrs, never had any problem.

Just wondering how long will MA going to take to tell their response or decision ?

Thanks & Kind Regards

I think for MAs, turnaround time is 2-3 weeks. As your Visa is expiring by end of June, you would get an outcome days before it expires. Just to be safe, I would apply for a temporary Work Visa.

My CO asked to do the Sputum AFB 3 Series Test and Lateral Chest X-Ray. I have already done these tests during my previous application process. Just wondering these Test I have done was in Dec 2013 and Jan 2014, the same I submitted now. I hope they dont accept my test due to its date !!

Does the date of Test matters ? My CO accepted my test reports and I believe that she forwarded it to MAs, I havent been told back by my CO to do these tests again due to the old date. She just said that "we have to sort out your medicals and I am not sure how long that will take"

It always takes time for the response from an MA, and the CO has no influence on them - it's a totally separate office. As everything on your medicals is clear, it's almost certainly going to come back as 'acceptable standard of health', but the CO has to wait for that confirmation before she can finalize things.

If you ask the CO, and she tells you to go ahead with a work visa application, this http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...entialwork.htm is the kind. Notice, your employer DOESN'T (even if it would have applied otherwise) have to do a labour market test, because of the fact that you have a Residence application in.

Hey JandM, my CO said "we have to sort out the medicals and I am not sure how long that will take. She said apply for Essential Skills VISA.

(a) Do you know what documents do I need to send it with the Work VISA Form ?

(b) Do I need to send Employer Supplementary Form as well ? I have a one from my employer from last Dec 2014, will they accept it ?

(c) Do they contact employer as well for this VISA ? My employer already submitted questionre for my Resident VISA on 09 Apr 2015. He is bit grumpy kind of man, he dont like to do the same favor for me again and again.

Kind Regards

Any comments please ?

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ply/essential/
    Here is the page that tells you what you need to do. Check and see if the form (look at the number) your employer has already done is the same one needed for this visa. It is very likely that you have already given most of the evidence needed, in which case give a cover letter making the connection to your residence application which is already being dealt with. And by all means, tell them that your employer has already done the questionnaire, so please can they refer to that, telling them why!