Thread: Office in Takapuna, looking to rent in North Shore City

Default Office in Takapuna, looking to rent in North Shore City

Hello Everyone

My first post here!

My husband and myself are moving to Auckland in July, so not long! We are on work permits.

Our office is in Takapuna. We have set ourselves a budget of $450 pw for rent and are looking to find a 2 or 3 bedroom house in North Shore City. Areas we have found by searching around on the internet are Albany, Torbay, Glenfield, Birkendale, Northcote.

Is this a reasonable budget for a 2 or 3 bedroom house in these areas? Are there any other areas that are conveniently located (for a Takapuna office) which we could consider?

Many thanks!

$450 is low for 3 bedrooms on the Shore, especially something nice, try $600+.

Personslky, if I was working in Taka I'd try and live Taka/Milford, save commute costs and walk to work... But even $600 is difficult for these areas. Inland is cheaper, E.g. Glenfield, Albany from your list.

Thanks G-Mo. Will 2 bedrooms fit in that budget or we need to hike up a bit for that too? For Takapuna / Milford?
    Else we will look further inland.

Can anyone shed some light on Paremoremo (North Shore City) as an area to live in? Any thoughts on a daily commute from here to office in Takapuna?
    Thanks

That is maybe a 40minute commute each way at peak times?

Paremoremo is quite rural and close to the maximum security prison, however it is a nice area to live - just quite far "out"

Thanks Aimoo.

We have finally rented out in Northcote, less than twenty minute commute Hope it turns out to be a decent start to our lives in NZ.