Thread: Reasons for Refusal?

Question Reasons for Refusal?

So my husband (NZ citizen) and I have decided to shift to NZ, at least for the time being, from where we are currently stranded in immigration limbo in Canada.

I am about 5 months pregnant, and we need to get there before the baby is born - preferably no later than early August.
    I am waiting on my Canadian passport to be issued to me (2 weeks), and we have our package pretty much ready to be mailed as soon as my passport comes in. This is our last ditch effort to get my husband working before our baby arrives and we are pretty much banking on this to work as we are out of other options to support ourselves here in Canada once I am on mat leave. Processing time is 20 business days once received, so we should hopefully hopefully have a response no later than mid July.

I am -terrified- that we will be refused for some reason. Anyone know what the biggest reasons for refusal are on a Partnership-Based Temporary Work Visa?? I have had my medical completed - no red flags. We have support of our relationship: marriage certificate, photographs, lease agreement, letters of support from our parents, no mail to both of us because we do everything electronically but a statement from my bank with both our names, our address and proof that we have a joint account... I don't need to provide proof of funds for the pregnancy/birth as my husband is a NZ citizen and I will be eligible for prenatal care once I arrive. I am applying for the 6 months - 1 year temporary visa and we will see where we stand with Canada at that time... Is there absolutely any reason you can see why I would be refused?

Everyone is telling me not to worry but it's very hard not to stress when you are 5 months pregnant and aren't sure how you're going to take care of your baby if something doesn't go through!!!! So if there are any potential roadblocks anyone can see, please share so I can nip them in the bud immediately

SO excited to see my husband's homeland and to have our baby girl born in the same city as him!! Just hope it all goes through without a hitch.

I'm not surprised that you're anxious. ((()))

But there's nothing obvious about what you say that rings alarm bells. All the best for getting the reply you need very soon.