Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resident visa approved online

Default Resident visa approved online

Hi, My SMC resident visa has been approved online since 13th of May. but still haven't received AIP nor heard anything anybody has any idea why its taking so long and what does approved online exactly means does that mean if my file has been transfer for second person check? would really appreciate if someone can reply to my quires.

When it says 'Approved' online, that means you're Approved In Principle - it's gone through all the procedures. All that remains is for you to pay the Migrant Levy and send in your passport to have the visa sticker put in it.

It's perfectly normal for there to be a wait before you receive the packet through the post with information and instructions. Your name will have gone on a list to another department where clerks will fill the envelopes and get them ready for mailing, so it's in yet another INZ queue! Many people have to wait several weeks. If it gets to be three weeks and nothing has come, it is reasonable to get in touch with INZ just to check that nothing has gone astray in the post, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    When it says 'Approved' online, that means you're Approved In Principle - it's gone through all the procedures. All that remains is for you to pay the Migrant Levy and send in your passport to have the visa sticker put in it.

It's perfectly normal for there to be a wait before you receive the packet through the post with information and instructions. Your name will have gone on a list to another department where clerks will fill the envelopes and get them ready for mailing, so it's in yet another INZ queue! Many people have to wait several weeks. If it gets to be three weeks and nothing has come, it is reasonable to get in touch with INZ just to check that nothing has gone astray in the post, though.

Thanks for your reply JandM,
    So basically i dont have to worry much about it as on this coming wednesday it will be exactly 3 weeks. its hard to wait but your post made me a bit relax. will keep yous updated once something comes up.

@Khan1192 - Congratulations

Congratulations

Congratulations..!!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post

hi Jandm, it has been 3 weeks now but still haven't received nothing yet? any further suggestion you cAN GIVE PLEASE AS I AM GETTING OUT OF PATIENCE NOW.

Like I said, when three weeks have passed it is reasonable to ask and make sure their package has not got lost in the post. But be prepared for someone to say something like, 'No, there's nothing wrong, it hasn't been sent yet,' because I've seen on another thread Karen Phillips say that many of these are taking four weeks at the moment.

Also, be aware that INZ is a huge government bureaucracy, and they aren't in the least affected by the emotions directed at them by all the people whose cases they are working. For each applicant, getting a visa is a rare and important life-changing thing. For the INZ officials, your visa is just one more boring routine task.

just a quick update, i got My AIP now. it took exactly 3 weeks till the online status was approved

Congrats!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast