Thread: Working Holiday Visa (Singapore Work Exchange Program)

Question Working Holiday Visa (Singapore Work Exchange Program)

Dear all,

I have some questions on the application on working holiday visa from Singapore.

1. The age requirement is 18-30. I am currently 30yo and as long as I have not reach my 31st birthday, I can still apply? And to enter NZ, do I need to enter before my 31st birthday?

2. From INZ website, http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...eprogramme.htm

If you’re a graduate of a Singapore university or polytechnic you must:
    apply for a work visa under this programme within three years from the date of your graduation
    I have graduated from the university in 2009 and its more than 3 years now. Does that mean that I am not eligible for the working holiday visa?

Anyone with experiences on this, please kindly advise. Thanks a lot for the help.

1. You would be eligible to apply while you are still 30. As long as the application is registered before your 31st birthday, that would be all right, and you would be able to use the resulting visa once issued, even after you pass that birthday. That is all the same as the WHV arrangements for other places.

2. I find the wording of this page, and the way the part about Singapore universities and colleges is added in, rather strange. I THINK, and this is only me trying to guess and understand, that perhaps there is a particular scheme in place for students and potential students for further, higher degrees, to which the requirement for not having left more than three years ago refers. If there is a scheme which you're not involved in, the restriction would not include you. But that is all IF... In your place, I would ask INZ Singapore to explain.

Thanks JandM for your clarifications. Yes I will confirm with them.