Thread: Loss of points due to age change post EOI

Default Loss of points due to age change post EOI

Hello experts,

My SMC EOI was selected few days back from the pool (150 points at EOI submission). I'll be turning 40 1st week of July and so will lose 5 points.

Considering London processing times, I expect (if points are claimed rightly) 1st round of manual assessment as well to be done few days before my birthday.

At the point of assessment, will the officers deduct 5 points considering the possibility that I'll be over 40 when I apply against an ITA, if issued? And deducting that will mean 145 which is still ok, but I'm concerned that 10 points may well be deducted for some other reason as well (I'm at Level 9 for MCA so 60 points but my B.Sc is on LTSSL, not MCA. This may mean they will consider qualification points as 50 (instead of 60) and LTSSL points as 10. At EOI submission, I chose the PAR assessment of 9 for my MCA, and LTSSL points of 10 toward my B.Sc, thereby taking the points tally to 150 (as opposed to 140).

So, in the event of B.Sc being accorded 50, my points would end up being 140, and another -5 for my age, if the manual round does that, will take my points down to 135.

Does this mean they reject my case and not issue an ITA? Age is not in my control so the -5 on that count is understandable but I'm not that sure if my final points tally will be 145 or 135 (or 150 or 140).

One other question. I see many threads assessing MCA (IQA) at Level 8. The level 9 i have currently is based off of PAR not IQA so I understand that IQA may differ from PAR. Now, is class/division a factor in Levels. I stood first class with distinction in my MCA and first class in B.Sc. (Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science).

I assume Computer Science being one of 3 subjects, makes it 33% and so is considered as part of the LTSSL.

Please help experts.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    laxgr

Your age will be frozen as at the date that you lodge (and had accepted for consideration) your residence application.Points will be awarded for age based on your age on that date. Not the date you lodged or had selected your EOI.You will need to submit your residence application before your birthday if you don't want to loose points.

With the other issues, about your points, you're not going to know what will happen until you get the IQA done. The assessment is not something anyone can help by generalizing about - it entirely depends on what YOU studied.

Hi JandM/ChrisMwn,

Thank you very much.

I still do not have an ITA, and even if I received one in the next couple of weeks, it is almost impossible for me to put in an application before my birthday. That leaves me with a certain loss of 5 points from the current 150. Now, given that PAR MCA is at level 9, if I wish to keep the 60 points, can I skip the IQA for my MCA and just get it done for my BSc, which is what I'm claiming points toward LTSSL?

Is it mandatory to get IQA done even if PAR is done and LTSSL is not being claimed, in my case MCA, just because it is NOT in the list of exact match for recognised qualifications? Which means get IQA done for both BSc and MCA or get done for MCA and NZQA will put in a level number for the Bachelors as well? Your expert inputs please.

Another question in regard to what ChrisMwn said- in an extreme case, if my points go down to 135 (10 lost due to MCA getting downgraded to level 8 and therefore loss of 10 and loss of 5 due to age), does it mean 135 at application point may result in rejection (without job offer of course)? In other words, if without a job offer, is 140 sacrosanct right from EOI submit stage to ITA app submit stage to be able to qualify for residence, especially given that a drop of 5 points was due to age? Or is there some discretion with the CO?

Regards,
    laxgr