Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Qual-University link in recognised qualification!

Default No Qual-University link in recognised qualification!

Hello experts,
    Repeating this post due to the 'near-urgent' nature of the subject, I posted this few hours back on a sub-forum titled 'NZQA..', but being concerned that this might get skipped a read, posting this in the main forum as well:
    ----------------------------

I just realised a potential big but silly mistake I might have committed with my EOI.

My points total at EOI submission was 150, and included 20 points towards my partner's qualification being in the recognised qualification list. We did not get his PAR done, I did only my PAR.

Trouble is this:

1) In the table "The qualifications awarded by the institutions listed below qualify for the points indicated" , Bachelor of Engineering BE is listed.

2) In the table "Awarding Institutions", the university he went to for the course is listed

3) In the table "Awarding Institutions", "Qualification awarded from" column does not include BE/Bachelor of Engineering.

No PAR done for his qual. Will NZ deduct 20 pts and make 150-20=130? I'm unable to edit EOI, so even if I were to get my PAR done, is there no way? Will 130 points mean my EOI will be rejected and out of the pool or based on the qual being listed in the 1st table, will 150 be retained?

Please help. I'm willing to get PAR done, but not sure what will be the state of EOI? Can I email to NZ asking this miss from my side? Please suggest what are my options. My PAR took me just 7 days on email. Should I just forge ahead with the PAR or wait to hear from NZ desk?

Regards,
    laxgr

I don't know for sure what to tell you. Whatever you do will not NECESSARILY make everything all right. In your place, though, I would GO FOR THAT PAR and hope you can get it to INZ before someone realizes that you weren't actually entitled to have your EOI selected, not having a minimum of 140. My thinking is that you may at least be able to save your application and get an ITA issued. Of course, even then, nothing is certain, because you will then need to get IQA for both you and your partner, and IQAs can show up a different level from what was on the PAR.

It's no good the qualification being in the first table on the 'exempt' list - that counts for nothing if it isn't also listed under the name of the awarding institution, in the appropriate date-range.

Thanks JandM- so, even in a situation where NZ deducts 20 and my points tally goes to 130, will that still not make it ineligible to have been selected but still eligible to be in the pool?

Or am I missing something here? Worst case, if it goes out of the pool, am I eligible to submit another EOI, of course I understand that is a lot of additional NZD, hope I don't land into that situation.

I'll be initiating my partner's PAR right now, but if the result arrives in a few days', how do I reach it out to NZ immigration team?

Advance thanks JandM- you are of tremendous help!
    Regards,

Hi JandM, I submitted my partner's qualification just now for PAR. Hope for something good
    Regards,
    laxgr

Thanks JandM- so, even in a situation where NZ deducts 20 and my points tally goes to 130, will that still not make it ineligible to have been selected but still eligible to be in the pool?
    With 130, it would be eligible to be in the pool, but not eligible to have been selected at the draw when it was.

If you're not in time, you lose the points, and it gets sent to the pool, but if afterwards you get a Level for your partner's qualification that will put in the points you lost, you can send the information to INZ and point out that you now once again have 150, you think, that SHOULD once again get your EOI selected.

Worst case, if it goes out of the pool, am I eligible to submit another EOI, of course I understand that is a lot of additional NZD, hope I don't land into that situation.
    You SHOULDN'T get straight out refused so you're not even in the pool. But IF you did, you could always submit another EOI. That is what happens if, for instance, someone who was previously refused gets another qualification which boosts their points total.
    if the result arrives in a few days', how do I reach it out to NZ immigration team?
    Use the general contact details, giving full information of your name, etc., any reference number(s) you may so far have been given, when your application was lodged, and explain what this new information is and why you are sending it.

And good luck!

Oh I see!! That's some consolation

JandM, thanks a ton for the clarity you brought to this matter, and for your wishes!

Regards,
    laxgr

Hi JandM,

This morning, my partner received his PAR assessment - Level 7 equivalent, and it is in line with my 20-point claim that I had made at the time of my EOI submission/selection(totalling 150). So, there is no change to the final points tally. I emailed eoiteam@dol.govt.nz, the generic email listed on INZ giving all details of what I had claimed at EOI time, how that does not change due to the PAR and that it was a mistake due to ignorance/overlook and that I request them to consider my request while processing further.

Thankfully, my EOI, post selection, had not yet been looked at (assessed?) when I emailed them. Not many times one is happy about this aspect though. Anyway, my email is out of my inbox. Now, the INZ auto response says 72 hours, what does it mean to my case? Will INZ look at my email any earlier than 72 hours? I received a postal letter few days back stating that my EOI had been selected and case forwarded to London/India branch- does it mean I need to reach out this email message to some other email id as well?

FYI, my EOI was selected on 27-May-2015, we are into the 3rd week post selection.

B/w, do you think I should initiate IQA for my 2 qualifications (BSc+MCA) and my partner's qualification as well, while I wait on a (possible) ITA? Or is my case a little more complex that I better wait for an ITA before IQA? What else could take my tally down from my current 150? LTSSL tally is something that INZ wouldn't do now right, as that is the job of IQA? FYI, all other points claim are correct and in order and I want to just gain some ahead time, so this question.

Also, the below NZQA link seems to suggest that course content/syllabus MAY be required if the University does not provide transcripts/marks sheets. We have mark sheets and the University is clear they don't provide any old syllabus. Please help.

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...on-assessment/

Regards,
    laxgr

Hi JandM/ all other experts,

Please help.

Regards,
    laxgr

In general, I think you can stop rushing now.

Will INZ look at my email any earlier than 72 hours?
    I doubt it. Even when they do, you probably won't get anything more than just an acknowledgement. There is not likely to be any comment on what you have said.
    does it mean I need to reach out this email message to some other email id as well?
    I don't think so. INZ are better placed than you to connect your recent message with the application that had gone before.

When deciding when you should put in for your IQAs, you can look here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ssingtimes.htm to judge as well as anyone can when you may expect to be allocated to a CO, and then to hear from that CO. This is to be balanced against how long IQAs are likely to take - see page 29 of their guide, here. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/assets/quali.../guide-IQA.pdf
    Also, the below NZQA link seems to suggest that course content/syllabus MAY be required if the University does not provide transcripts/marks sheets. We have mark sheets
    As you have mark sheets, there is no reason to suppose they will ask for anything else.

Thanks a ton JanM!

B/w, do you refer to CO as the CO at 1st step assessment post EOI selection? I mean, is that considered CO as well?
    Could you also please look at my other question

"What else could take my tally down from my current 150? LTSSL tally is something that INZ wouldn't do now right, as that is the job of IQA?"

Just to restate, will INZ check with companies on my work ex at this stage or post ITA submission? Since my bonus points claim of (15+10=25) rests on IQA and that is for later, is there any reason that the points tally could come down (other than for age reason) at all leading to non-issuance of ITA? Curious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast