Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IQA purpose, experience letter regarding

Default IQA purpose, experience letter regarding

Dear experts,

As I said in another thread, my partner's PAR is currently being assessed, as I wait on it, I've a couple of questions:

There is a list of check-boxes

1) My partner is a Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical and is expected to come out with a PAR of level 7. When we submit his IQA, is it mandatory to submit ALL experience letters, he has been in 7-8 companies, totalling 18 years of work ex; we are unable to locate just one ORIGINAL experience letter, amount to about 2.5 years of experience. We have the rest in Originals. Not sure how soon that company will respond if we were to ask for an original. It could take days/weeks.

2) Is it mandatory to submit any work ex at all considering that we don't want to have his qual assessed for LTSSL - most of his experience seem to be in fields unrelated to his qual. Can we not just leave Appendix B blank while submitting IQA and NOT provide ANY original work ex? Does NZ weigh experience as well when it assesses qual?

3) There is a column to select immigration purpose in the IQA. Does it take longer for the assessment if I were to select employment and immigration instead of just immigration which is the default that we are going to select? I know this question kind of contradicts my 2nd one but asking out of curiosity. What kind of employment related assessment does NZQA do?

Regards,
    laxgr

I will tell how I did and think.

01) When I submitted documents for IQA, I provided all originals related to my work experiences, appointment letter, salary revisions, designation change letters and salary slips and a work experience letter which I requested for ACS a few years ago. And for my partner's IQA we didn't send any experience letters; just a letter that she is an employee of the company along with appointment and other work related documents. I think it is better to send as much as evidences. Just ask from the missing service letter from the company and send it as well if it received within the timeframe or else I don't think it might have any effect if you don't send since you have provided all the other evidences. And it won't be a problem if you can include other documents appointment salary revisions for that particular 2.5 years.

02) Yes it is mandatory to send work related originals as NZQA has requested them

03) I actually don't know what they are doing and in the result sheet they haven't mention any info related to this. I check Immigration, Employment and Silver Fern. No it doesn't take extra time if you check them.
    Last edited by pooh; 3rd June 2015 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks a lot pooh! So, just in case, I'm unable to get my partner's missing exp letter in original, do you suggest that we add the company in the list and send a photocopy certified or don't even include the work experience in the assessment list? Like I said, even after taking 2.5 yrs of experience, my partner is still left with 15+ yrs to show original letters for.

Regards,
    laxgr

I didn't have gaps in my experiences. Don't you have appointment letter and the resigned letter? If you have them I think you can fill up the details and send the documents.

Anyway wait to see what others say on this too.

pooh,

The problem is the relieving service certificate + final settlement letter was clubbed into 1 document and was signed by my partner, original was retained by the employer. That's the trouble. The date of resignation is mentioned in the letter so also the last working day, but this is a photocopy. No, a formal appointment letter was not rolled out. That's the issue.

B/w, what is the issue if there is an employment gap?
    Regards,
    laxgr

Hi pooh,

I have noticed that you are from Sri lanka and you have almost completed the migration process and you are waiting the reply. i'm also coming from IT background and planning on migrating to nz. if you are OK to share your skype contact with me that would be great to get to know each other. please note that i don't have permission to send private message. please ignore this if this is against the forum rules.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Gayan,

Nice to meet a Sri Lankan in this forum. Actually I'm not waiting for a reply, I'm waiting for a case officer to be assigned. Yes I would like to help you, here in this forum I also have gain a lot of help from a lot of members. Unless them I won't be able to come upto this extent. Now you have made 5 posts here and once you made 1 more posts, you will be able to PM me. Hoping to see your PM.

Thanks.

Hi Pooh,

Thanks for the info. i didn't know that or may be i have not gone into that extend. yes of course this forum is really good and members are really helpful. anyway Thanks for the update. fingers crossed.

Thanks

Hi JandM/pooh /all other experts,

If you could help me address this question - my partner has only a copy (and not original) for about 2.5 years of his work ex with a certain employer. Rest of his nearly 15-16 yrs are in originals. So, can we get his IQA done without having to mention the one with just a copy? What are the pros and cons of this approach? We are looking to get the IQA done as soon as ITA is issued so do not want to lose time trying to contact employer etc. We are not considering getting LTSSL points for any of his 18 yrs of work ex including the one with no original. Please comment.

Regards,
    laxgr

IQA will not be calculating your EOI points for your partner's work experience but merely checking whether the roles/responsibilities match with ICT.

I would suggest to include the 2.5 yrs of experience as well while submitting your ITA and mention the unavailability of original document in your cover letter. I have had a similar issue with experience as well appointment letters and the CO had actually accepted our explanation with regards to missing original/certified copy of documents.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast