Thread: getting original documents verified outside of NZ

Default getting original documents verified outside of NZ

Hi all,

I'm living overseas and I need to get a copy of my passport because I am sponsoring a visa application. I need to get it certified as a true copy of the original but the companies who do it here will not certify foreign documents.

How on earth can I do this?

What alternatives do I have other than to post my original passport with the visa application (not exactly possible).

Cheers
    Ben

I ma not sure which country you are in. In the UK, you can go to a solicitor a Justice of the Peace, a Commissioner for Oaths or a Notary. I am guessing you have tried Googling this in the country where you are now? Is there a NZ Embassy or High Commission where you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    I ma not sure which country you are in. In the UK, you can go to a solicitor a Justice of the Peace, a Commissioner for Oaths or a Notary. I am guessing you have tried Googling this in the country where you are now? Is there a NZ Embassy or High Commission where you are?
    There is NZ embassy in Moscow, but I'm 10,000km from there - it may as well be another country.

We (my partner and I) will go to Moscow to pick up her passport when it's ready but we can't exactly afford to fly across the country to get a stamp.

Do you know if they would allow us to apply now without the certified copy, and then they can see my passport when we pick up my partners passport? (And obviously only grant her visa based on sighting my passport).

I can't be sure what Moscow will allow. I suggest you give them a call and see if they will do what you suggest or if not, perhaps they can advise on were you can get your passport certified in Russia. Good luck with this!