Thread: Evidence of partnership for work visa

Default Evidence of partnership for work visa

Hi everyone - first post here, excuse the newbie.

My partner and I are both UK citizens and have been in New Zealand since October 2014 on working holiday visas. My partner has since been offered a permanent job on the farm he's been working on since January. He is in the process of applying for his essential skills work visa, we're just about to send it off this week actually.

My concern at the moment is the lack of evidence we have to support our relationship. We've been together since November 2013, living together since January 2014 with no time apart. I have evidence in the regards of Facebook posts of what we've been up to, visiting my parents in Scotland, photos together, booking confirmation and holiday photos of a trip to New York together in March 2014. What I'm worried about is that I have no evidence of us living together back home in the UK. I lived in a house with him which was provided to him with his employment and as such, there was no tenancy agreement which included my name - as I moved in way after he had started the job.

I do have a tenancy agreement at present for where we are living, which states both of our names. We have a joint NZ bank account and both of our wages are paid into that account. We have made several large purchases together including 2 cars in NZ and a recent new sofa - how do I actually prove that we made those purchases together?

I have also heard that I should write a letter documenting our relationship, a timeline of sorts. Is this recommended?

Any advice would be really appreciated at this point, as nerves are kicking in! Thanks.

Hi there,

I think they need evidences of you guys living here in NZ together as it really shouldn't bother them about UK.You could show them your joint bank account statements and yes a letter documenting timeline of your relationship is highly recommended because it gives them a brief introduction sorts of what they're looking at.It should state how you guys met and how long you've been together and how you guys support each other.Also the immigration needs to be sure that the relationship is genuine as these days lots of people fake to get their visas.Try submitting pictures of you both together along with the file.If you're friendly with your neighbors,maybe they could write a letter for you guys stating how they see you both everyday etc.About the purchases that you made -maybe you could show them a screenshot of your messages/calls the conversation that you made with the seller or show them the registration letter of the vehicles?

Some of the evidences you could include in your file
    -letters posted to you by your friends at the same address that you're staying at
    -receipts of purchases you made together
    -photographs
    -joint bank account statement
    -grocery bills,movie tickets etc
    -receipts of gifts you bought for each other
    -screenshots of your call logs and messages

Just anything that is convincing enough to show them that you're a genuine couple.Hope this helps

Good Luck !
    -
    Last edited by babrah90; 3rd June 2015 at 07:36 PM.

Here are lots of old threads to give you inspiration and tell you what other couples have done. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

If you can prove that you have been living together since January, that is plenty of time to get you a partner-sponsored temporary work visa. INZ tend to take applications seriously for around three months'-worth of evidence. Keep on collecting, because you will need to prove you are continuing living together for your next visa, and maybe for residence in due course. INZ always want to be able to see a continuous period of time.

Thank you! That's really helpful. I've still got around 5 weeks until I'll be lodging my application, so I'll get gathering.