Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partnership-based work visa update URGENT

Exclamation Partnership-based work visa update URGENT

I have previously posted on this forum a few days ago: http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47079
    This afternoon our CO phoned me while I was at uni and said that she was looking at our application and she was satisfied that we were in a genuine and stable relationship (she laughed and said that the 700 page facebook log helped!) and that the medical and character criteria were all complete.

BUT!

She said that she needed more evidence that we were living together, she said that the amount of time we have been living together is fine but that we need more evidence to prove that we actually ARE living together.
    She said that I also needed to prove that I lived at the address (I'm not sure why it slipped my mind to not include this in the application because I have hundreds of official letters addressed to me at this addres but we were trying to prove that HE lives here and I guess I forgot about myself).
    She gave me her email address and said that we have until tomorrow morning to send any additional evidence to prove that we are living here. I can easily prove that I live her with letter but we are stuck at the proving him part.
    My mother phoned her up this afternoon and explained who she was and said that she had been down here in the weekend with my father and they could confirm that we are living together at the stated address. I'm not sure what the outcome of this phone call was..
    Last night we applied for fly buys but that is going to take 10 working days.
    Does anyone have any ideas of any way that we can prove that we are living together at this address by tomorrow morning?

Thank you so much for your help!
    Katie

Good news!!

I would give evidence for yourself asap, and explain to her your situation and ask if you can have a little bit more time to gather evidence for your partner. I have read numerous threads on here of people doing this with success.
    I would apply for as many cards like fly buys, and like J&M Mentioned in previous posts to you library cards take a photo of the sign up papers with address, even get your partner to visit the doctor for a general check up and get a print out of your address with his name on it. Not sure if you've done this already but bank account?
    Do some online shopping with countdown or wherever you do your shopping and get it delivered to your house In his name.

If you have a good relationship with any of your neighbours ask them to write a letter, stating that they see you both every day etc.

Theres also heaps of online supplement companies in Auckland that do some day, free delivery, spend $15 on some multi vitamins and get them delivered to you.

Hi

You could try submitting a joint bank account statement,grocery bills or anything you guys bought like every day items or something for the house that you're living.You could also show them any greeting cards that he gave or a receipt of a gift that he got for you.I am not sure if you've tried all this before but try sending them pictures of you both together.Hope this helps

Good Luck !

Hi babrah thanks for your reply! Unfortunatly the bank wouldn't let us open a joint account until he has his work visa We don't keep grocery bills unfortunately but we are not trying to prove that we live together she already agrees with that it's trying to prove that we live together at the address on the application form

Kiwilad! Yes it is good news I guess but kinda disappointing that it didn't just go straight through Unfortunately we live in Christchurch not Auckland so I phoned up the christchurch urgent 24/7 courier people and they quoted me $70 to deliver an envelope tonight but he said it will be delivered as is no stickers or stamps on it so that's no proof to inz as I could've just delivered it myself!

Any more ideas guys?

Sorry I don't know why I assumed you lived in Auckland haha.
    I can't think of anyway that you are going to get more evidence for your partner by the morning. Other than asking a neighbour for a statement, or digging up anything your parter may have with your address on it, although this is rather circumstantial its better than nothing to start with even screenshots of messages on FB to his family or friends where he has mentioned the living arrangement in the messages.
    Like I said before I think your best option is to submit as much evidence for yourself and anything you can for your partner in the morning with a cover letter asking kindly for a few extra days, outlining your struggles to get any mail for him.

Surely his work has a record of his home address on file? Could they give a copy of that as evidence in the morning?

Hi JandM

He only has a visitor visa currently so he doesn't have any work

Sorry - I was misremembering the situation. In that case, I second the idea of getting a neighbour (or several) to write and say they have seen him coming and going for x amount of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast