Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to start ka02?

Default How to start ka02?

Hi,

i am about to start answering the KA02 but not quite sure how to begin.
    anybody here successfully accomplished the KA02? can you please help me by providing a few tips on the structure or format of KA02?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Someone replied me this answer when I asked the same question for my father. We didn't proceed anyway so I am not in position to help you. but hope the comment below might give you an idea.

HERE IS THE ANSWER SOMEONE GAVE ME.

I am sorry but, as much as I want to help, I do not believe that using mine or any other person's form, even just as a guideline, would be beneficial. The KA02 is *very* personal and depends *heavily* on individual experience, so you should come up with your own unbiased text. The general guidance offered in the first page of the form should be enough.

I know the task may seem daunting at first, but it is actually just a matter of coming up with examples to describe your knowledge and experience in each of the elements - for someone with 17+ years of experience these examples should be abundant, and that's what they are looking for: examples that what you've studied and applied in your career match what is expected from an Engineer as per the Washington Accord.

For each element, I described the subjects I studied in university that apply to it (as described in the transcript of academic records), my responsibilities and 2-3 projects I worked in during my professional career (described in the certificate of employment). I used the same transcript of academic records and certificates of employment I sent to INZ.

Best of luck!

Hello Partiket,

I read your previous thread regarding " IPENZ a big hurdle " Where i replied to your thread. I wrote you if you need any assistance in regard to KA02 form. I believe "Autumn" have the same problem for KA02.

Quote Originally Posted by Pariket View Post
    Someone replied me this answer when I asked the same question for my father. We didn't proceed anyway so I am not in position to help you. but hope the comment below might give you an idea.

HERE IS THE ANSWER SOMEONE GAVE ME.

I am sorry but, as much as I want to help, I do not believe that using mine or any other person's form, even just as a guideline, would be beneficial. The KA02 is *very* personal and depends *heavily* on individual experience, so you should come up with your own unbiased text. The general guidance offered in the first page of the form should be enough.

I know the task may seem daunting at first, but it is actually just a matter of coming up with examples to describe your knowledge and experience in each of the elements - for someone with 17+ years of experience these examples should be abundant, and that's what they are looking for: examples that what you've studied and applied in your career match what is expected from an Engineer as per the Washington Accord.

For each element, I described the subjects I studied in university that apply to it (as described in the transcript of academic records), my responsibilities and 2-3 projects I worked in during my professional career (described in the certificate of employment). I used the same transcript of academic records and certificates of employment I sent to INZ.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the reply pariket. so did you not proceed with your application?

Hi,
    looks like I am in the same situation - my immigration officer wants me to go through IPENZ process. Unfortunatelly I will have to go through KA02.

I'm environmental engineer with Master of engineering degree but somehow my immigration officer can not compare it to a New Zealand Bachelor of Engineering although my degree is higher than Bachelor.
    Any tips before I start filling in the KA02 form.
    I have to apply for it on January so I do not have much time.

Quote Originally Posted by kerikeri View Post
    Hi,
    looks like I am in the same situation - my immigration officer wants me to go through IPENZ process. Unfortunatelly I will have to go through KA02.

I'm environmental engineer with Master of engineering degree but somehow my immigration officer can not compare it to a New Zealand Bachelor of Engineering although my degree is higher than Bachelor.
    KA02 is all about choosing the right work samples for your career episodes that would best showcase how you applied engineering principles in your work.
    For me, I chose 2 work samples and 1 thesis from college so that gives me a total of 3 career episodes.
    Make sure you internalize first the 8 elements in the KA02 so that once you start working on your career episodes, you can already incorporate the elements in it.
    Upon filling the KA02, I just answered it in bullet form relating it to the career episodes.

hey i am also in process to start KA02 assessment could u please help me how to fill KA02?

can some one help me. from where can I download KA02 form?

Quote Originally Posted by kerikeri View Post
    Hi,

hi srhr43

Form is not available for download. You have to send email to "membership@ipenz.org.nz" this link for KA02 form.

Thanks rajwinder,

I got form.I am civil engineer.May u help and share some tips to fill this form. Specially 8 Elements

Quote Originally Posted by rajwinder singh View Post
    hi srhr43

Form is not available for download. You have to send email to "membership@ipenz.org.nz" this link for KA02 form.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast