Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no call from IO after 2 months of lodgement

Default no call from IO after 2 months of lodgement

However I was granted an interim visa. I just hope whoever is the IO will call us so that if they want more document or evidence of us as a partner living together, we can submit it.

Which office have you submitted your application at?

Palmerton North branch. We burned our pictures on cd. Do they accept that? And since I don't have a job yet we decided not to submit IRD number and joint account. Would that affect our application?

I don't think an IRD number would make any difference, but if you've got a joint account, that could help your case. I don't know about a CD of photos, but if they have a problem with it, I would expect them to tell you so, then you could print them off.

So I guess for now the best thing to do is for us to wait for the decision to be granted and when the IO will call us I guess that's the only time we're able to know what's going on with the application.

That's right. Your file will be waiting with hundreds of others, and when it comes to its turn, it will be dealt with. The time passing probably won't be due to anything difficult about your case - it's almost certainly just waiting its turn while all the others that came in before it get worked.

But still it confuse me because one of my new friend got her partnership work visa after 3 weeks of submission. She arrived in NZ last November 2014, she submitted her application last April 29. Maybe at least 5 or 6 months of living together is needed from partnership visitor visa to partnership work visa.

Just an update, the reason why the processing time of my application took long is because of my x-ray was forwarded to the MA. I found this out when I noticed the change of date received of x-ray. I wish they email about it. Anyhow, it took 2months and now hopefully 1st or 2nd week of July there will be a decision on my visa.

And it's never helpful to compare timings with someone else's application, although it's human nature to do it. People's situations are different, even in small ways, and those small ways have to be compared against the regulations. Or there can be a glitch with the medical or a police check. Or your application and the friend's can have gone to a different office with a different workload and therefore different waiting list, or to a different CO who hasn't got the awkward case that your CO had to deal with before he could get on to yours.... and so on, and so on, and so on.

Approved. Time to collect more evidence for next application.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast