Thread: Science and Technology jobs ?

Question Science and Technology jobs ?

I have been trying so hard to look for a job related to my field.Its been two years I havent received a single positive response.I have an overseas bachelor's degree in Science and a Grad. Dip in Biological Sciences from Massey Uni-Palmerston North.Is anyone going through the same phase ?

I am looking for entry level technician jobs.I did get through fonterra's telephonic interview but failed in their psychometric test and they barred me for 1.5 years straight ! I literally cried for one year haha so now just three months more till I can apply again for jobs listed on their website.

All the sponsored jobs posted on trademe look like big shams because they never even bother to reply you back !! What could I be doing wrong ?
    I am a quick learner and have great communication skills.

Its been two years since i passed out but I have nothing to write in my CV,because what do I write if I never got my first job ?

Could someone offer me any help or link me to science and technology recruiters who actually care to get you a job ???

Thanks

When you say you are applying on TradeMe,
    - Are you applying for jobs with same background as your qualifications?
    - Are you in NZ now or India as your location suggests?

Above 2 questions will give some context to others wanting to add comments on the situation.

Applying via TradeMe needs a lot of patience and there isn't a tried & tested way to get through, the response from consultants isn't that great so I understand your trouble.

Hi

Yes I am applying for jobs with same background as my qualifications.
    I am in New Zealand since last three years

Thanks for pointing out the missing information in my question.Hope this would help other members to answer my question.

Same goes for my spouse as well. She has a Masters in Bioinformatics & 3 years of research experience from Europe. We havent come across any job openings related to bioinformatics in NZ. There are few universities which has that department but no full time job openings.

Quote Originally Posted by babrah90 View Post
    Hi

Yes I am applying for jobs with same background as my qualifications.
    I am in New Zealand since last three years

Thanks for pointing out the missing information in my question.Hope this would help other members to answer my question.

Hi,

My wife works for a small pharmaceutical company in Auckland. I understand they frequently hire production technicians with some science background and little or no prior experience. This is not the choicest of jobs from what I gather. But at least its somewhere to start if your application is accepted. If you're interested PM me.

Taufiq

Hi there,

What's the company called ? I would be more than happy to get anything science related to get started with.I am sorry I am not very aware of how this website works.But I may be contacted through my email id and that would be [Edited because of Forum Rule 10. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40236 See below.] . Or you could try sending me a message because I tried it didnt work.Cheers.

Thanks

[After a person has made five posts, the forum automatically, after 20 minutes or so, switches on their ability to use the PMing system. By now this may well have happened in your case. JandM, site admin.]