Thread: Do I need to provide an new medical certificate after my resident visa is granted when the time my current full medical expires

Default Do I need to provide an new medical certificate after my resident visa is granted when the time my current full medical expires

My previous full medical was done less than 36 months when the time I applied my Resident visa,
    now my resident visa is already granted, my question is do I need to update my full medical status once my previous medical expires? ( I think it would expired soon, since I did my last one in 2012 or 2013)

Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    Nope!
    thanks so much!

Hi kb8mo from personal experience, you will need to apply for permanent residency after 2 years but don't need to repeat the medical. Just pop in to the local immigration office but we needed to provide proof of employment as per our visa agreement.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ChCh Imm Health View Post
    Hi kb8mo from personal experience, you will need to apply for permanent residency after 2 years but don't need to repeat the medical. Just pop in to the local immigration office but we needed to provide proof of employment as per our visa agreement.

Hope this helps.

Pete
    hi where did you see that agreement? i cant see any

Requirements for PR, when you are eventually ready to apply for it. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm As the previous poster said, there is no medical requirement.

Medicals are only required BEFORE granting a visa, with the idea of not admitting anyone with an already known existing condition that is likely to cost the NZ Health Service a lot of money for foreseeable treatment. As a resident now, for all the time you live in NZ, you are entitled to whatever care you need from NZ Health Service on the same terms as NZ nationals. http://www.health.govt.nz/new-zealan...land-residents

Quote Originally Posted by ChCh Imm Health View Post

Hope this helps.

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Requirements for PR, when you are eventually ready to apply for it. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm As the previous poster said, there is no medical requirement.

Medicals are only required BEFORE granting a visa, with the idea of not admitting anyone with an already known existing condition that is likely to cost the NZ Health Service a lot of money for foreseeable treatment. As a resident now, for all the time you live in NZ, you are entitled to whatever care you need from NZ Health Service on the same terms as NZ nationals. http://www.health.govt.nz/new-zealan...land-residents
    hi thanks jandm , but how do i know if my current resident visa exposes to any requirements frm section 49(1)?
    pete frm prrvious post said he was aksed tO provide A employment agreement when converting to pr?why was that?

If you had a Section 49(1) condition on your visa, it would normally be because you had not yet worked in your current job for three months at the time of the grant, and the condition would be that you must work in that job for three months, and then go along to INZ for that residence visa to be replaced by an unconditional one. Such a condition would be written on your visa sticker itself. Since I know from a previous post of yours that you had already worked in your present job for two years, it would be most unlikely (and a mistake) for you to have been given a condition. In any case, any condition could be removed any time you asked INZ from three months after you received Residence. (Pete maybe had not done that - ? I don't know.)

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If you had a Section 49(1) condition on your visa, it would normally be because you had not yet worked in your current job for three months at the time of the grant, and the condition would be that you must work in that job for three months, and then go along to INZ for that residence visa to be replaced by an unconditional one. Such a condition would be written on your visa sticker itself. Since I know from a previous post of yours that you had already worked in your present job for two years, it would be most unlikely (and a mistake) for you to have been given a condition. In any case, any condition could be removed any time you asked INZ from three months after you received Residence. (Pete maybe had not done that - ? I don't know.)

Thanks a lot!! , There is no extra condition written on my sitcker, so I would assume section 49(1) does not apply to me
    Much appreciated for your information !!

Hi Sorry just caught up with this thread. We were granted residency visa's before working in our current job's in NZ hence the condition.

Good Luck!