Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partnership based temp work visa checklist

Default Partnership based temp work visa checklist

Hey guys,

So I've just been reading over the partnership based work visa checklist which I downloaded from the INZ Bangkok branch website http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...yinginbangkok/
    I'm confused about #12 on the checklist, it says "Evidence of the current and past marital status of both you and your partner" I have never seen this before nor have I heard of anyone having to give anything like this. Anybody have any insight to this?

Also we are confused about this?

5. A fully completed and signed Partnership-based temporary entry application form (INZ 1146)
    □ Evidence of NZ Citizenship or NZ Residence status
    □ Evidence of employment or sufficient funds to sponsor your partner.
    □ Evidence you can provide accommodation for your partner.

It was my understanding that partnership based temp work visas didn't require amy proof of funds, employment, or accommodation?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwilad View Post
    Also we are confused about this?

5. A fully completed and signed Partnership-based temporary entry application form (INZ 1146)
    □ Evidence of NZ Citizenship or NZ Residence status

It was my understanding that partnership based temp work visas didn't require amy proof of funds, employment, or accommodation?
    Hi Kiwilad,
    Regarding no.5, my partner completed form 1146 and then included a copy of his passport plus work visa, employment contract, job offer, bank statements which were all verified by the Justice of Peace here in NZ and then letter of sponsorship/tenancy agreement. This is to prove that the partner is capable to support you and take care of your needs as well. I hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. But unfortunately our situation is slightly different to yours, we both live in Bangkok and will be moving back to NZ without a job offer, we will also be staying with my parents until be both find work.
    We can supply bank statements but my question would be what does INZ consider as "sufficient funds"

I suppose we will just supply bank statements and get my parents to confirm in their supporting statements that they will supply accomodation until we both have jobs and are financially stable.
    Last edited by Kiwilad; 7th June 2015 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks for your reply. But unfortunately our situation is slightly different to yours, we both live in Bangkok and will be moving back to NZ without a job offer, we will also be staying with my parents until be both find work.
    We can supply bank statements but my question would be what does INZ consider as "sufficient funds"

I suppose we will just supply bank statements and get my parents to confirm in their supporting statements that they will supply accomodation until we both have jobs and are financially stable.
    Oh I see.. Goodluck on your application.. Hopefully we all get approved. We just submitted ours and will patiently wait for the result.

"patiently" I can imagine that is difficult haha! Anyway GOOD LUCK!

"patiently" I can imagine that is difficult haha! Anyway GOOD LUCK!
    Thanks! That is the main thing we can do once application is submitted. Still, hoping that we can be as lucky as the others who got approved in 3-4 weeks time.

Actually on second thought about this........

Is this actually only relevant for visitor visas based on partnership? Can somebody please clarify?

If you look here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/40501.htm, and at WF2.10 (in the list of links below at that link), that is what the operational manual says.

Yes I have seen this hence my confusion when reading on the Checklist supplied by INZ BKK. I think I'll just supply a bank statement and letter from parents to confirm accomodation.

J&M have you also heard of anyone having to give marital status reports? We don't mind doing this we're not hiding anything, we are both not married, nor have we ever been. It's just the hassle of getting one supplied from NZ! Would you suggest we forget it and if they ask for it we obtain it? Although in saying this we don't want any unnecessary delays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast