Thread: Any recommendations on temporary accommodation in and around Christchurch for a family of 5?

Default Any recommendations on temporary accommodation in and around Christchurch for a family of 5?

Trying to work out what our options are regarding accommodation. Not sure if hostels accept children as I've never stayed in one before and so I have pm'd Veronica as I have seen her name mentioned a few times.

Has anyone with children stayed anywhere that they really loved? Perhaps you have been somewhere and really wouldn't recommend them? It is tricky finding decent places to stay when you have 3 children because a great many places require you to have 2 rooms, this obviously bumps up the costs!

What other options are there?

Thanks!

Hi there, we stayed here for 4 weeks while our house had earthquake repairs in 2012. The landlord was very responsive if we had a query, and since then I know 2 other families who stayed there with no problems.

https://www.holidayhouses.co.nz/properties/22970.asp

It's close to a few schools, and the best that it's zoned for (imho) is Hoon Hay School, about 1km up the road. Also fully furnished and kitted out with pots, pans etc, so great for when you're displaced!

Hope that helps!