Thread: best place to live

Default best place to live

Hi I have been offered 2 jobs one in Waihi and the other in Wellsford I was wondering which is the better place to live and for schools and things to do we are a family of 4 the children are 13 and 14 your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi any advice would be great of the better place to live Waihi or Wellsford for a family of 4 children are 13 and 14 posted on here but no replies thanks.

Hi. I'm still (still!) in the UK so I can't really give you any advice about those two locations. Have you tried a search on here? I'm sure they must have come up in the past. If you just do separate searches on each place name and see what comes up. Try google too. Most places will, at least, have a Wikipedia entry that will give you some basic details and a place to start with other research about the areas. Other than that it would be worth waiting and then reply to this thread again in about 12 hours so that it gets a bump at a time when the New Zealand based members are most likely to see it.

Good luck!

See if either place has a Facebook page, I have found those really great, I know your still in the UK, but how about emailing or phoning the head of the nearest school and having a chat, they really do have a feel for the local community. We are a bit in the same boat, its really hard to get a feel for a place until you live there, our dream home is for sale in Wellsford, so i will follow this post with interest.

purely geographically speaking, Waihi is better located, central to the Coromandel, Tauranga, Rotorua etc...Whereas Wellsford is slightly more isolated, and any travel south would involve travelling through Auckland, which can be a pain in the arse. Depends on what your looking for really...