Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC Approved

Talking SMC Approved

I just want to say thank you to everyone here for your advice and support and wish all the best to all of those who are still in the process.

Just for future reference, here are my details and timeline.

- Came to NZ 30th October 2013 (Working Holiday Visa)
    - Found a job as a hospitality manager in June 2014 and received my Essential Skills Work Visa on 4th of September

SMC Timeline (Lodged in Auckland Central):

17/3 2015 - EOI filed (165 points)
    18/3 2015 - EOI selected
    27/3 2015 - Invitation to apply
    02/4 2015 - SMC Application lodged
    11/5 2015 - Contacted by Case officer, some questions asked and additional documents requested to be submitted within 4 days
    15/5 2015 - Employer contacted by email
    04/6 2015 - Online status changed to approved
    09/6 2015 - Approval in Principal send by email

Now im off to hand in my passport.

I realize that my process went through really quickly (just like my essential skills visa a year prior, which was done in 4 days), but it was all still pretty stresful due to some things at work. All in all, I am a happy man now.

Congrats!

Congrats ...

Can you please let me know what CO asked your employer ?

Thanks

Congrats Zbediah

Quote Originally Posted by redcoolrocks@gm View Post
    Congrats ...

Can you please let me know what CO asked your employer ?

Thanks
    Don't really know the exact questions, but basically they wanted to know if I really perform the duties that were in my job description. Also, they were asking some funny stuff like whether they have been paid by someone to employ me etc.

LOL
    That's sound funny....
    My file lodged on 11th may and I am still waiting for CO Assign...

Somewhere I read that immigration is working very quickly now and planned to give decision with 2 months after subsubmission of file.. It's seems true also as these days everyone getting the result within 8 to 9 weeks ... Finger croosed... I can't sleep these days...

Hey redcool,don't get too much excite because every case is different,some take time some not also depends where you apply if your case is processing at Auckland central branch is quick but if in Henderson its take time. I am not demotivating you, as same happened with me like sleepless nights. I have applied on 19th dec 2014. Case officer assigned and employer questionnaire 1st may 2015 now pending..I have we get quickly

Congratulations Zbediah

Yes I agree with Vishalbhop, it depends upon case on case. My CO assigned on 27 Mar at Auckland Central, they asked me couple of extra medical test and the same submitted on 15 May, now waiting for outcome. I wish best of Luck to Vishalbhop & redcoolrocks@gm. Will update my status soon once I received the decision, finger crossed

Regards

Vishalbhop ..bro my file is in henderson branch..you wont believe I don't sleep these days and when I sleep Than I only get dreams related to residency only...what will happen..LOL

anyway bro best of luck guys .. I think we all are on pretty much same timeline...

Karthik2010 best of luck ...looking forward to see your timeline......best of luck everyone....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast