Thread: Temporary partnership visa question

Default Temporary partnership visa question

Hi all
    I'm an Australian, living in Australia. I have a Brazilian partner, but she currently lives in Brazil. We've had visits to each other and I'm heading back over in September for a few weeks. We've been trying to get an Australian visa for her, but it is proving very difficult.

We are at first considering her applying for the working holiday visa in September, but if that fails, am I able to move over and have her come out as my partner on the temporary visa? I have a feeling we won't qualify as we have never "lived" together, have only been to visit each other and taken holidays together.
    We don't have evidence of joint ownership of anything nor proof of living together. We would only be able to provide things like photos, contact history, statements from family and friends, airline tickets etc.

Any advice is appreciated

You, as an Australian, could sponsor your girlfriend for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa, if you establish that you are based in NZ, http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...nersstatus.htm, on top of the normal evidence of partnership, which is entirely based on showing that you have been living together, either in the same home, or travelling together, and sharing finances, domestic arrangements, etc., as well as an emotional relationship, for a minimum of around three months immediately prior to the time she puts in the application.

Therefore, the kind of thing you mention wouldn't be enough, though it could be useful background showing that the connection between you goes back further.

Could your girlfriend travel to NZ on a visitor's visa, and you start collecting evidence from when she arrives and moves in with you?

Thanks for the reply. It's possible, but I'm not sure if she'd be keen to sit around for a few months doing nothing on a visitor visa while I was working. At least we know it's an option

I was thinking that it might be your ONLY option, if she doesn't get one of the limited number of Brazilian WHV places.