Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skilled Migrant category wage requirement

Default Skilled Migrant category wage requirement

Hi,

Could anyone please suggest how much is the minimum salary requirement (hourly/yearly) under Skilled Migrant Category for IT?

I am working as Technical Assistant in one of the IT company for more than 19 months and planning to apply for permanent residency visa. How much should be the minimum/moderate hourly wage rate?

Thanks in advance.

Please share your valuable experience. Thanks

there are no minimum salary requirements, other than meeting the minimum wage. However, it would be expected that you would be paid "market rates" for the role, which may very according to the location, seniority and role requirements.

Thanks for responding Chris. It means there is a chance it could get declined due to less pay even employer is ready to write support letter. I get paid less than $16/hr so my only concern is this. My points are 150. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajput-Ashish View Post
    Thanks for responding Chris. It means there is a chance it could get declined due to less pay even employer is ready to write support letter. I get paid less than $16/hr so my only concern is this. My points are 150. Thanks again.
    Well there is no official set rate of minimum salary but I have few real life examples that can help you.

Last year one of my known applied for Residency under IT who was working at a package of 33,000k /yr
    and CO stated that salary is too low for the current market and as per his study (Level - 7). after his replies and all
    CO put his case on hold for 6 months and said they need at least 36000 package to consider his case.

He talked to his employer and his salary was increased after 4 months and subsequently got residency approved.

On the other hand another guy who studied Level-6 Got his residence approved at 35k in just 2 months without any
    questions from CO. ( approved last week 12 june)

I hope it will help you to decide

Quote Originally Posted by gourav View Post
    Well there is no official set rate of minimum salary but I have few real life examples that can help you.

Last year one of my known applied for Residency under IT who was working at a package of 33,000k /yr
    and CO stated that salary is too low for the current market and as per his study (Level - 7). after his replies and all
    CO put his case on hold for 6 months and said they need at least 36000 package to consider his case.

He talked to his employer and his salary was increased after 4 months and subsequently got residency approved.

On the other hand another guy who studied Level-6 Got his residence approved at 35k in just 2 months without any
    questions from CO. ( approved last week 12 june)

I hope it will help you to decide
    Are you taking into account the number of hours worked?
    Any job with 30 hours above is considered fulltime.
    35,000 per year with 30 hours per week is $22.44 per hour, which is pretty good
    35,000 per year with 40 hours per week is only $16.83 per hour, which is a bit low.
    There's a lady I knew got residency without hassle, she gets paid around $19 per hour, though not IT job. IT job may require higher remuneration.

a useful app to download which give you an indication (though quite broad) of NZ "market rates" : www.hays.com.au/salary-guide

Hi Gourav,

Indeed, it does help a lot.

Thanks,
    Ashish

Hi I00k,

Yes, i am working 40 hrs and not even getting $16.50 atm. So i am hunting for new job.

Thanks,
    Ashish

Thanks one more time ChrisM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast