Thread: Blue sticker stamped on our passports...doubt on activating the Residence Visa...!

Default Blue sticker stamped on our passports...doubt on activating the Residence Visa...!

Hi, we have got blue sticker stamped on our passports today.

I have a doubt on arrival in NZ, there is an expiry date mentioned, which shows that we have to visit NZ to activate our residence visa before this expiry date. I am a main applicant and have 3 dependents. Is this condition apply to all ? we all should visit NZ before this date? or, is it Ok only for me to visit NZ before this date, that will activate all our residence visa ? , the expiry date is printed on all our passports.

I had a plan to go first alone and find a job, then bring my wife and 2 kids to NZ, now bit confused whether we all need to go together.

I need your advice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roger_J View Post
    Hi, we have got blue sticker stamped on our passports today.

I have a doubt on arrival in NZ, there is an expiry date mentioned, which shows that we have to visit NZ to activate our residence visa before this expiry date. I am a main applicant and have 3 dependents. Is this condition apply to all ? we all should visit NZ before this date? or, is it Ok only for me to visit NZ before this date, that will activate all our residence visa ? , the expiry date is printed on all our passports.

I had a plan to go first alone and find a job, then bring my wife and 2 kids to NZ, now bit confused whether we all need to go together.

I need your advice.

Thanks
    It is applicable for all Roger_J else it will expire. It is advisable to plan for a recee trip with all your dependants once before expiry of entry date. We (3) are travelling to NZ to activate out RV by September and later decide on when to move to NZ permanently.

Roger_J, you don't have to go all together, but every member of your family MUST visit NZ before that expiry date. Presenting each passport at Immigration at the airport upon arrival activates the visa. If any visa is not activated before the expiry date, it will lapse.

If you are not ready for your family to start living in NZ at whatever time they come there, they can go back after a brief visit. Once their visas are activated, everything after that (qualifying for PR) depends only on YOUR visa.

Congrats...Roger_J.

Thank you everyone for the advice, we will do the same to activate our visas before the expiry date.

Thanks agian.....

@Roger_J Congrats anyway

we almost same case, my expiry date to enter NZ will b on 15 August 2015

Plan to do or survey 1st or straight move to NZ

Congrats.. still in the process of getting it all together, but we are planning the move in Sept.. Exiting times