Thread: Student Visa for a postgraduate student

Default Student Visa for a postgraduate student

Hi all

I am getting ready for the visa officers phone interview within another 2 weeks. I am so nervous about what questions they ask. I am a teacher for 6 years in Sri Lanka and planning to complete my PGD. My husband hopes to join with me and he s for a work visa as I go for a level 8 diploma. Please help me for the phone interview.

Thankssss

Hi

We are actually in a very genuine relationship as husband and wife living together for one year now.

Are there any specific questions you would want to be answered?

Thanks Sun777

Hi

The web site doesn't indicate any detail related to the phone interview. This forum has shown some possible questions and answers. They may ask some questions related to the visit, country and the relationship as I think. Any suggestions please?

Are you sure you are going to be interviewed by an official from INZ? Routine interviews are normally for people applying for Residence.

Yes Jand. The Visa officer from Mumbai office will phone me. but not yet phoned. I am not trying to get a residence visa. A student visa for a genuine purpose for just 3 years. My husband will received his work visa as I am a postgraduate student.

Then the interview is likely to be about your partnership. The questions are usually such things as how you came to know each other first, when and why you started to go out together, what you had in common - the story of your couple, really. They can also ask you details about how you organize your domestic lives, such as who is responsible for this or that chore, and which of you shops, or pays for this or that. They can ask you about each other's likes and dislikes - food, colours, decor, music, pastimes, etc.. They can ask you about each other's family background - where the other person spent their childhood, the names of their siblings and childhood friends.

All this is because, with no qualifications or work experience to be investigated, partner-sponsored visas are the ones with the least formalities to go through, so they are the ones most targeted by fraudsters wanting to pay someone to lie for them to get them a visa. The questions are all the sort of thing that are quite straightforward for a genuine couple, but which would catch out two people who are actually strangers to one another.