Thread: Any chance for new visa after refusal?

Default Any chance for new visa after refusal?

Dear administrator/Senior Member,

I was an international student in 2010 and studied Diploma In Systems Technology NZQA Level 5 at Computer Power Institute Auckland. After graduation I applied for a Graduate job Search visa and managed to secure a job offer at Scots College NZ as an IT Technician.

My graduate experience Visa was declined on July 2012 due to providing false/misleading information (Borrowing money to show evidence of funds) and no character waiver was granted. I do not have any overstay status or deportation notice from NZ immigration as I left the country straight away after refusal of visa.

Now I wish to return to NZ and study NZQA level 6 Diploma and also look for a job offer and work in NZ. I spoke to a lot of Immigration lawyers and most of them had a common reply that "I do not have any chance to enter NZ due to my character Issue".

I wish know is there any possibility that I can return to New Zealand to study and look for a job again? My details are :

- DOB : 19-07-1991
    - Citizen of Fiji Islands

Since returning from NZ in July 2012, I have :

- completed Microsoft Certification Courses ( MCSA, MCSE)
    - been employed as an IT Technician from September 2012 till date.
    - no criminal convictions

I look forward for your response.

Kind Regards,
    Ravneet

I wonder why you think the immigration lawyers would be wrong. If there was any chance they could see, they would be taking your case to earn their fees - that's their living. I'm a private individual, not a lawyer and I don't have any official standing with INZ. However, this is what I think about your situation, having read the regulations.

It is very likely that the immigration lawyers are correct for the time being. If you look at regulation A5.45.5 b here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/43627.htm, this is what you did, and were not at the time granted a character waiver. It is less than three years since that event, so there is very little chance that INZ could be persuaded to overlook it.

You might have a chance to be granted a character waiver for a visa some time in the future, but enough time needs to have passed for it to be possible to convince them that your nature has changed.

So, you got the graduate job search visa, but not the graduate experience visa? You don't need evidence of funds for a graduate experience visa. All you need is a job offer, which you had. So, what went wrong? Or are you providing us with misleading information as well?

WHen i applied Graduate Job search visa there was a requirement to show evidence of fees which i did by borrowing AND MY VISA WAS GRANTED. However when it was about to expire, i had to apply for a graduate experience job search visa and this is the time they raised the concern for the previous application. they asked for my bank statements and later decided to refuse my visa.

I am trying to find out if i can or cannot goto NZ again so why would I be tellig you all false/misleading information.

seriously.
    Last edited by sako; 30th June 2015 at 04:02 PM.

thanks Jandm.

So I have a better chance if i apply after 3 year after the incident right ?

So I have a better chance if i apply after 3 year after the incident right ?
    There is nothing in the rules to say '3 years' or any particular length of time. The longer time that passes, the more chance that people might think you have changed, so THEN, IN THE FUTURE, INZ might forgive the incident and give a waiver. It is very unlikely to be soon. Believe your lawyers.