Thread: Partnership requirements: WTR then SMC

Default Partnership requirements: WTR then SMC

Hi, first off a big thank you to the organizers of the forum - great resource.

I am in the process of applying for a WTR visa (accredited employer) and a partnership visa simultaneously. I am eligible to apply for an SMC visa (190 points with job offer), but will do this a few months from now since I have a bit of paperwork to gather for this (mainly past police certificates from other countries) and that will take some time to get.

The process generally seems straightforward, but for one curious thing. After we have applied for WTR/partnership and obtain the two visas, and then proceed to apply for residence via SMC a few months later, will we need to provide the *same* bundle of information (pictures, proofs of address, marriage certificates, etc, etc) for proof of partnership yet again? Or can we point to the fact that they would have accepted and confirmed proof of partnership by virtue of having already issued a partnership work visa (much in the same way that you can re-use medical/police certificates previously submitted for earlier applications)?

If you had the two applications in simultaneously, you would be able to refer the official working one case to the other, but as you're leaving the EOI till later, they're going to require the evidence twice, I'm afraid. And you'll need to keep collecting proof that the two of you are living together - they'll want to see that you've still kept up your partnership right up till the time the EOI goes in. And STILL collect evidence while it's being processed, because the CO almost always asks for more partnership proof covering the time of processing, to guard against issuing a visa to anyone whose partnership has broken up in the meantime.

Thanks - you mention the EOI instead of the ITA. Does that mean if you submitted the WTR around the time of the EOI that you could use the same documents? That would require getting the pending documents for the ITA submission within four months, which could (fingers crossed) be possible.

From what I have gathered from other posts, a portfolio for the partnership visa that includes a marriage certificate, certified copies of residence cards (on the basis of marriage) from other countries, joint tenancy agreement, joint company incorporation document (i.e., we started a company together), bank statements (individual, not joint), joint council tax, plus itinerary and boarding passes (some original, some electronic), and photos should do? And then add some more bank statements and NZ lease agreement (and maybe some new photos/travel) for the later application?

Broadly speaking, it should work. I'm hedging what I write here, because I know there have been SOME forum members who found that the CO for one or other visa asked for extra copies of some things, so I think it's advisable to keep copies of whatever you send so you can send more if necessary, while saying, 'The original is with INZ (whichever office).'

Here https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof are a whole selection of forum threads about evidence of partnership, to give you more food for thought. What you're aiming to do, particularly (even if you're a couple whose joint history goes back years), is show plainly with very solid proof that you were living together 12 months before your application went in, and give say, three proofs that you were still together for each passing week. Yes, overkill is good! INZ COs work from a check-list, and as far as partnership for residence is concerned, they are required to look most carefully at the year leading up to the application.