Thread: IQA for essential skills visa?

Default IQA for essential skills visa?

Gah, I've just had a moment of panic. Sent off my partner's essential skills work visa application earlier this week, having checked it thoroughly several times. For some reason, we believed that we didn't need to get his qualifications assessed and now I'm having a bit of a panic that perhaps we actually do need it assessed!

He's an assistant dairy farm manager, has a UK qualification level 4 BTEC triple distinction in Agriculture and has been working in dairy farming for the last 4 years. Can anyone help? Since the application has already been lodged, I guess Immigration will let us know if we do need it assessed anyway, but I'd like to be prepared for that scenario.

Thanks.

Whoops, have just checked his CV. He has been working in dairy farming Since July 2010. So he's 1 month short of 5 years experience.

I think I've answered my own question haha. Assistant farm manager is on the ISSL and it states a certain qualification AND/OR minimum 2 years relevant experience, so I guess that means he doesn't need his qualification assessed for this visa! It's on the to-do list for SMC though, yay...

EDIT: Assistant HERD manager is and/or 2 years experience. Assistant farm manager seems to want the qualification AND the experience. Now what?!
    Last edited by spenny92; 13th June 2015 at 11:22 AM.

Can anyone help? I've gone round and round in circles. Called Immigration NZ, the lady said she didn't think we needed it assessed but didn't go into much detail. She said it's normally just for residence visas, not work visas.