Thread: OZ exclusion period can effect my NZ visa application?? Plz help

Default OZ exclusion period can effect my NZ visa application?? Plz help

Hello frnds..
    Presently im in india.
    I was on student visa in australia which was cancelled in nov 2012. Reason for cancellation was not commence my studies for 3 months.

After that i went to Bridging visa E to b stay lawful in australia.
    I left australia in feb 2014 on BVE. Now im subject to 3 year ban to australia from 2014 to 2017.

My wife is NZ citizn, our relationship is 3+ old. We have new born 3 weeks old baby girl in our relaton. She is also entitle to Nz citizen. Presently my wife and daughter are in Oz. she is waiting for my daughter passport. Once she got her passport they will move to NZ.

I applied for OZ visa in sep 2014 but declined bcoz of 3 years ban.

Now im going to apply for NZ work visa on partnership based. Everything is ready. I got my indian nd OZ PCCs. Both are clear no offence.

***1.Is there any problems to get NZ visa ??

2. When filling the form INZ1198 there is question "" have u ever deported, refused entry or exclude from any country?""
    I ticked NO.

3. But in other question ''''have u ever visa application refused?""
    I ticked YES nd give them the information abt OZ visa cancellation.

***Do i hve to apply to characters waiver now or wait for my case officer??

Plz guys help me in my critical situation ur advise can help me to see my wife nd my new born baby first time.

Thanks
    Mani

You will hear from the CO if you are required to apply for a character waiver.

Thanks jandM for ur reply.

The character waiver only granted to Permanent visas?? Plz correct me...

According to ur great experience about immigration, do i get this visa??

Im worried bcoz my wife moving to NZ with new born baby at my cousin place. If I refused so she has to soo many problems.

How long is the processing time for partnership based work visa?

THANKS
    manny

No, as you will see in the many sections here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35052.htm, there are character requirements for all visas, and people who do not meet the character requirements can be required to ask for a character waiver. It's a matter of explaining the circumstances of whatever they did, apologizing for being at fault, and giving up to date references for their good behaviour since.

I can't say whether or not you will be allowed to have this visa. I had not previously heard of Australian Bridging Visa E, but now I've looked it up, I'm guessing that Immigration Australia found some fault with you, because otherwise you would not have had the three-year ban from Australia imposed, which it states BVE can save you from. I'm sure INZ will look into your past history with Australia thoroughly, and make the judgement based on that, as well as what you tell them about your situation now.

Put into a search engine "Immigration NZ (whatever) branch processing times", and you will find a page that will tell you how long they think they will take on different kinds of visa. But yours is not a straightforward application, so you will have to expect it to take a longer time than standard.

Thanks jandM for ur great reply to me.. Really appreciate ur help..