Thread: EOI + NZQA - Help required

Default EOI + NZQA - Help required

Dear members

I would like your kind suggestions for my case for applying to EOI. Should I go through NZQA before EOI?

Here is my situation:

I have 3 years Diploma in Information Technology from Nettur Technical Training Foundation from Bangalore, India. ( passed out in 2003).
    and Also have Bachelor in Computer Science Degree ( 3 yrs , part time ) from Annamalai University , India ( passed out in 2007 May ).

I started working from 2003 onwards in India.

From 2010 onwards, I work in Singapore.

I have IELTS band 6 + I have a letter from the University stating that medium of instruction was English.

Both my universities are not listed in the list of exempted institutions. But BSc Computer science is listed. My qualification falls under nz long term skill shortage list 2015.

Do I need to go through NZQA? If I apply for EOI without NZQA, will the case office consider my EOI? In case if they need NZQA, will the case officer wait until I get him the NZQA once the EOI is submitted?

Awaiting your valuable response and experiences.

Best regards
    Thomas

Dear Thomas

First step is you have to apply for NZQA full or partial assessment (Full is better because later on you have to submit full along with your application.)
    without getting NZQA assessment you cannot submit EOI. Once you get a result from NZQA you will be able to calculate the exact points you are able to score and decide accordingly if you are getting the required points to submit EOI.

You need to have your qualifications assessed. For either one to be exempt, you would have needed to find the exact name of your qualification listed beside the name of the institution that awarded it to you, and the date(s) in the last column would have needed to cover the year when you graduated.

As your qualifications are not exempt, when filling in the EOI you would need to give the NZQA assessment of them. Get IQA straight away - PAR is a waste of time and money, because you have to have IQA in any case for when you get invited to apply. And no, INZ would not consider your application without the NZQA Level - they would not even lodge an incomplete application, still less start assessing it.

(Edited to add, I see the previous post written while I was still writing mine.)

Hi Thomas,

In a similar predicament. My partner applied for a PAR to have his qual. assessed, but as JandM, Karen and others righly and repeatedly suggest in this forum, the very first step to the SMC process should definitely be IQA (definitely not PAR which is a real waste of money, not at all EOI submission for sure).

Please read the esteemed members' responses to my query in the following link.

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47069

Regards,
    laxgr

Thank you all of you ramandeep18, laxgr, and the Admin JandM
    Your response was very much valuable. It surely will help others too.
    I will straight away go for NZQA.

For NZQA, at any time, do I need to send the originals to NZ via courier? or can I manage the whole process via online?
    For English language requirements, could you please comment if I can prove myself that I have enough competency?
    I have been working in Singapore and also have IELTS band 6 and a letter from the University stating that medium of instruction was English. ( considering that I have IELTS band 6, though the required band is 6.5 )

Apologies for the repeated questions, but every little response really helps

thank you
    Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Several docs are to be sent in originals, online is only for submission and payment. There is an online IQA guide available for download as pdf. Every online and offline step is detailed there. Do take a look at that. Do not forget to send Appendix-B as well as a cover letter if you are looking to gain bonus LTSSL points toward qualification and experience.

IELTS minimum requirement is 6.5 as you are aware. Since you have the Univ. letter stating you studied in English, that could suffice, but CO has every right to ask for IELTS report. Although I have no experience in CO interview, I think everything depends on the candidate's response in the interview. Only if CO (case officer) is not satisfied with the candidate's English claims, can he/she ask for an IELTS report. That said, somewhere I read that the CO must provide a letter stating the reasons why IELTS is being demanded. However, it is well within the rights and limits of INZ to write up in sufficient detail why they want what they want.

Regards,
    laxgr

Thank you laxgr for the detailed information. I am very clear now with the process
    Straitght away going for NZQA

I am glad that this forum helps really great.'

Best regards
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by laxgr View Post
    Hi Thomas,

Several docs are to be sent in originals, online is only for submission and payment. There is an online IQA guide available for download as pdf. Every online and offline step is detailed there. Do take a look at that. Do not forget to send Appendix-B as well as a cover letter if you are looking to gain bonus LTSSL points toward qualification and experience.

IELTS minimum requirement is 6.5 as you are aware. Since you have the Univ. letter stating you studied in English, that could suffice, but CO has every right to ask for IELTS report. Although I have no experience in CO interview, I think everything depends on the candidate's response in the interview. Only if CO (case officer) is not satisfied with the candidate's English claims, can he/she ask for an IELTS report. That said, somewhere I read that the CO must provide a letter stating the reasons why IELTS is being demanded. However, it is well within the rights and limits of INZ to write up in sufficient detail why they want what they want.

Regards,
    laxgr

hi laxgr
    Could you please send me a link for this topic? => "Do not forget to send Appendix-B as well as a cover letter if you are looking to gain bonus LTSSL points toward qualification and experience."

Apologies for asking this; but I could not find a link for this.

Kind regards.
    Thomas

Appendix B is part of this circular here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...ifications.pdf

great, thank you JandM