Thread: Applying for Work Visa under partnership while Partner's Student Visa is in progress

Default Applying for Work Visa under partnership while Partner's Student Visa is in progress

Hi,

I am about to renew my work visa (based on partnership) as my current one will expire on 31st July. My husband who holds a student visa and is due for renewal as well will be submitting his visa application through his school. Unfortunately, the school doesn't allow including my work visa application in it so I need to apply on my own.

The question is, once the school submits his student visa application, can I submit my visa application after 1-2 weeks? By then, I guess INZ already started processing my husband's visa application. Or, do I need to wait for his visa to get approved first before I submit mine? The problem with this is, I might not have enough time to wait since my visa will expire by end of July.

Please advice.

Thank you.

You can send yours in at roughly the same time as his, just giving a covering letter linking your application to his. For the avoidance of doubt, his visa does NOT have to be already in existence for you to link to it. The CO will supply the things you won't know in advance, like his visa number, once they become available.