Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proof of partnership?

Default Proof of partnership?

Hello-

I received ITA today!

I thought almost every docs is ready but 'proof of partnership' makes me frustrated.

I have a marriage certificate and lots of photos, flight tickets,etc, I'm not worried about no.1&3.

The problem is No.2.

There's only my name on the tenancy agreement. We have no joint property, no mortgage/loan, no joint asset, no joint insurance policy at all.
    I think I can provide only bank statements which shows money transfers between me and my wife and joint credit card account.
    I can give them '3' evidences. What should I do?

1. Your marriage certificate if you are married to your partner; and

2. At least 3 of the following to show you have lived together for at least 12 months; and
    □ Joint tenancy agreements
    □ Joint ownership of a residential property
    □ Joint mortgage/loan documents
    □ Joint insurance policies
    □ Joint assets/liabilities
    □ bank statements, utility bills or other mail received at your home address. The document must state your or your partner’s name, the home address and a date. If it was addressed to you and your partner separately, you and your partner need to provide at least one document each, which were received at the same address with similar dates.

3. At least 3 of the following to show your relationship is genuine and stable:
    □ Photos of you and your partner together, taken at various times over previous years (no more than 6 photos)
    □ Letters of support from family or friends
    □ Travel itineraries or tickets for trips you have taken together
    □ Internet chat records, emails/letters or phone records to show you have kept in touch during any periods in the past 12 months if you have lived apart
    □ A joint letter from you and your partner stating key moments throughout your relationship
    Despite providing

Quote Originally Posted by sayeeh View Post
    □ Photos of you and your partner together, taken at various times over previous years (no more than 6 photos)
    Letters of support from family or friends
    Internet chat records, emails/letters or phone records to show you have kept in touch during any periods in the past 12 months if you have lived apart
    A joint letter from you and your partner stating key moments throughout your relationship
    Despite providing
    You can provide the highlighted evidence for proof of partnership. In our case, we highlighted all the major events along with the travel we made as a couple.
    You can add a one or two page letter highlighting the events which happened since the day you met your partner and until today.
    You can also get letters from your parents/partner's parents/friends/relatives etc outling that they know about your relationship and you live together in xyz address from / to date.
    We did not provide any email/chat logs & reference letter while submitting ITA as we have bank statements/tenancy agreements etc.

To add on, I think the main thing the CO will look for the proof is of staying together with your partner more than 12 months, even though you married.
    So you can provide any TP bills or anything to show that you both have the same address..

And other things is your police clearance certificate, which also may show your residential address.

Which ever is possible, you can submit with the application.

We submitted IC proof, Police clearance certificate, photos, tax document, TP bills, tenancy agreement (if your partner name is not included, you can get a letter from your house owner, saying you both are living together in their house for time duration, etc)

Thanks a lot! I have to gather everything as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by sayeeh View Post
    Hello-

I received ITA today!

I thought almost every docs is ready but 'proof of partnership' makes me frustrated.

I have a marriage certificate and lots of photos, flight tickets,etc, I'm not worried about no.1&3.

The problem is No.2.

There's only my name on the tenancy agreement. We have no joint property, no mortgage/loan, no joint asset, no joint insurance policy at all.
    I think I can provide only bank statements which shows money transfers between me and my wife and joint credit card account.
    I can give them '3' evidences. What should I do?

1. Your marriage certificate if you are married to your partner; and

2. At least 3 of the following to show you have lived together for at least 12 months; and
    □ Joint tenancy agreements
    □ Joint ownership of a residential property
    □ Joint mortgage/loan documents
    □ Joint insurance policies
    □ Joint assets/liabilities
    □ bank statements, utility bills or other mail received at your home address. The document must state your or your partner’s name, the home address and a date. If it was addressed to you and your partner separately, you and your partner need to provide at least one document each, which were received at the same address with similar dates.

3. At least 3 of the following to show your relationship is genuine and stable:
    □ Letters of support from family or friends
    □ Internet chat records, emails/letters or phone records to show you have kept in touch during any periods in the past 12 months if you have lived apart
    □ A joint letter from you and your partner stating key moments throughout your relationship
    Despite providing
    Are you sure its say you need to have "[I][B]At least 3 of the following"[B][I]?? Im sure you just need to provide all you can, I have never herd of the "3 of the following" for relationship and living together

Hi,

The same thing sort of happened to us, I sold my house when I moved in with my partner and we had nothing in joint names, I usually just transferred half of the bills to his account which was not a problem till we applied for our residency here.

These are the things we used, A letter from our doctors & dentist to say we where registered at the same address? Letters from my bank that only showed that I lived at that address even though we used different banks, we had the car insurance with our names on it? We also used a council tax letter that had both our names on it… Apart from that I don't think we had anything else besides the photos, letters from friends/family and letters from ourselves.

Hope that helps and good luck!!

------------------------------------Need urgent help-------------------------------------

I have applied residence visa under SMC. I sent beneath documents of my partnership.

We are from different countries. I am from India and my partner is from Ukraine. My partner lived with me more than 12 months in India. We are in a relationship since March 2014 to till date. She arrived to India 4 times and every visit was of 4 months.

1. I have tenancy rent agreements on my name. My landlord gave me a cover letter stating my partner name and wrote My partner occasionally visited me as well. Here, occasionally means many months in a year. for any clarifications, do not hesitate to contact him.
    2. Our photos.
    3. Travel, hotel, train bookings.
    4. Her father made an invitation for me to visit my partner's country.(Support of family)
    5. Chat records, phone records.
    6. postcard envelopes on her name on the same address as mentioned in the tenancy agreement which is on my name.
    7. bank statements for buying each other flight tickets and others to give financial support to each other.
    8 My partner visa's that she came to me for few months.
    9. Proof downloaded from the E-commerce websites orders came on the same address where we both live together.

My case officer is not satisfied. She mentioned that I principal applicant cannot claim bonus points of my partner. She wants me to give a comment and evidence of 12 months living together. Which other proof should i provide? I have very less time. Please support.

Please help.

Thanks,

Unfortunately, "occasionally" doesn't give the idea of her staying with you for many months at a time. It is giving the CO the impression that her visits were infrequent and not regular. Can you tell the landlord exactly when she was there, and get him to write another letter telling the proper dates?

sample support letter from friends & family
    good day! i would like to ask if anyone can give some insights on how to prepare a support letter as evidence of my relationship with my partner is genuine. we are not yet married and we are planning to apply for partnership visa. i would like to know some key points on how to write support letter so that i can tell my friends and family on how to do it. thanks!

It is not a good idea to have a sample letter. The letters of support from friends and family need each to be written from the point of view of that individual. They didn't all have the same experience of meeting the partner and seeing how s/he became part of the family/friendship group, and knowing that the couple then developed a live-in relationship. If they were all the same, they wouldn't BE genuine, and they wouldn't SOUND genuine, so they wouldn't satisfy INZ.

Each person needs to state who they are in relation to whichever one of the couple they knew originally (e.g. father, neighbour, childhood friend, family doctor, or whatever). Then they need to tell the story. Their friend first started to talk about the nice man/woman s/he'd started to go out with, having met at (wherever), roundabout (whatever month, whatever year). They first actually met the partner (when, where, under what circumstances - e.g. by chance out shopping, invited out for a meal, at a family barbecue, etc., etc.). First impressions of him/her, and noticing how the person they know already was serious about him/her. Gradually getting to know him/her better - any common ground like liking the same music, or watching/playing sport, or whatever. Tell about him/her now getting to be included as a matter of course with the partner in any family/friendship group activities. Tell when they knew the couple had moved in together, and that they were pleased to hear that. Tell about any special occasions both the couple were at together, or holiday trips with some significance. (When I wrote this letter about my son's wife, I said how she attended the day-long party for my mother's 80th birthday, along with relatives and family friends going back to Mother's childhood, and also how the couple went touring France together, making a special detour to stay with my son's godmother, who is a very significant person for him.) Tell about other occasions of visiting the couple's home, or picking one of them up from there and seeing the other. If theirs is a professional relationship (e.g. the doctor), they could state that the partner then became a patient of the practice, or whatever happened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast