Thread: Residency returned - US FBI record

Default Residency returned - US FBI record

HI,

Recently, my residency (SMC) visa was returned because I did not provide US police certificate. I would appreciate some help on this please..

1) Is INZ requesting a 'Identity History Summary Check' ? Is it the same as police certificate or FBI identity record ?
    2) Can I get the fingerprints done somewhere in Auckland ? Do I need to register my fingerprints on fingerprint card FD-258 ?
    3) Did anyone recently apply and how long did it take ?

Thanks,
    Subbu

Hi Subbu,

yes to 1 and 2

3) I'm currently in India. I and my partner got our finger prints done using fingerprint expert service. It was taken on FD-258. We couriered the same as well as an app. form available for download from FBI website. That was about 15 days back. Per FBI, timelines are 12 to 14 weeks. No online tracking available, only a transaction done on credit card by FBI suggests that the fingerprints came good. We are still waiting to hear, but it's early days.

Regards,
    laxgr

Hi,

It's the same thing. You can get fingerprints done for free at any decent-sized Police station in New Zealand. Just give them a call, ask if they do them and then drop by.

Took about four months for my girlfriend to get hers - she posted the application from within the US as well. They just get sent to NZ by regular post, which probably makes it a bit slower too.

Enjoy the wait! :P