Thread: Immigration advisor fees in NZ

Default Immigration advisor fees in NZ

Any indication on what we would end up paying as consultation fees if we ask a licensed immigration adviser in Auckland to represent the SMC application for myself (on a temporary work permit) and my husband (currently on a student visa)? We satisfy the required criteria.

shop around. You'll get I wide variety of quotes. possible $3K to $10K. Cheapest is not necessarily the best, nor is the most expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by samash View Post
    Any indication on what we would end up paying as consultation fees if we ask a licensed immigration adviser in Auckland to represent the SMC application for myself (on a temporary work permit) and my husband (currently on a student visa)? We satisfy the required criteria.
    From your post I assume one among you have a full time skilled job offer and you want to apply NZ Residency from that.
    If that is the case then I would highly suggest you to do it yourself as there is not even a single dot of complexity in it. Rest depends on
    you and amount of extra money you have to donate to advisers Normally an application for a couple under SMC would cost you somewhere
    around 5 to 8k, Just for their Fee, application cost is extra.

If in case you guys have enough points based on your previous exp., studies and want to apply using that
    then better to go through an Adviser ( you can still do it yourself but it would be a BIT tricky ) . Costs same as above
    Last edited by gourav; 17th June 2015 at 02:27 PM.

I second what gourav has mentioned. It is fairly simple process once you have read through the requirements for SMC visa. we did ask for a quote from offshore and it was circa 10k ++ application & its allied expenses. You can refer to this post for a basic idea of what is needed to complete your SMC and dont forget the INZ OPS Manual. You can always send a PM to senior members or post in forum if you have any questions.

Thanks a lot ChrisMwn, Gourav and nms.sun3.

I have a skilled job offer which I will be starting with in 4 weeks time and I am on a temp work visa that runs up to March 2016. I feel more confident now about doing the residency application myself!

Thanks a lot for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by samash View Post
    Thanks a lot ChrisMwn, Gourav and nms.sun3.

I have a skilled job offer which I will be starting with in 4 weeks time and I am on a temp work visa that runs up to March 2016. I feel more confident now about doing the residency application myself!

Thanks a lot for all the help!
    Cool DIY mate and do not forget to ask if you have any doubt (Better to search first as I believe everything is already answered in the forum)

While I agree with what other posters have said about DIY, please read all instructions twice and do not assume anything. When in doubt, ask! If the application gets delayed and you can't start on the agreed-upon joining date, the employer might not be happy.

Great! Will gear up for it! Thanks again everyone!