Thread: Uk Perm resident Bring GF from England

Default Uk Perm resident Bring GF from England

Hi there,

bit of a lurker, 1st time poster.

Ill summarise our situation so its easy to understand.
    I am a english citizen and my girlfriend is english/german

I met my girlfriend when she was on on a working holiday in new Zealand. I was here already on a working holiday at the time, and now have perm residency. She had to go back as her visa ran out (she was on a german working holiday for a year)
    She would like to come back and live with me.
    She is in the process of getting her english passport and then plans to come over.

What type of visa could she get to come over here? could she get a working holiday on her new english passport?
    or a tourist visa and then apply for a partner visa?
    she would be living with me. We don't know what her visa will permit in terms of work etc...

long story short, we want to be together in new zealand, what is the best way about doing this?

(her profession is not on any skills shortage lists..yet)

Terotom

Hello.

I don't THINK she would be allowed a UK WHV, having already had a German one.

Once she has an English passport, she could arrive as a visitor (visa waiver - just turn up) for six months, and you could then start collecting evidence of living together to apply for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm INZ take applications seriously with around three months' evidence. (Old threads about partnership evidence here. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof) Once on that visa, she would be able to work, and you could go on collecting evidence till you have 12 months'-worth, at which time she could apply for partner-sponsored residence.

J&M is correct. No second time Working Holiday Visas, even on a different passport. see below.(from INZ manual)

WI2.1.1 General conditions
    a.The objective of working holiday schemes is to allow young citizens of approved countries, whose primary intention is to holiday in New Zealand, to undertake employment and study during their stay in accordance with their scheme.
    b.To be eligible for a work visa under these schemes, applicants, in addition to meeting the requirements of the particular scheme they are applying under, must:i.hold a valid passport from the country whose scheme they are applying under; and
    ii.be aged no less than 18 years of age and no more than 30 years of age, unless their scheme allows a different age limit; and
    iii.not be accompanied by children; and
    iv.meet onward travel requirements (see W2.20); and
    v.submit an application in the prescribed manner (see E4.50); and
    vi.pay the appropriate fee (if any); and
    vii.meet health and character requirements as set out at A4 and A5; and
    viii.be the holder of a valid temporary visa if applying from within New Zealand; and
    ix.not previously have been approved a visa under a working holiday scheme, except where their scheme allows a second application (see WI2.20(e) and WI2.160(f)).