Thread: Submit ITA before birth else 'points reduction could lead to appl. being declined'

Default Submit ITA before birth else 'points reduction could lead to appl. being declined'

Hi experts,

As I quoted receipt of ITA in my other post, I have a follow up question; not sure if the word 'a' is right here

ITA says:

"Apply before your next birthday
    Applicants have four months from the date of this letter to submit the residence application. However, you will lose some points for age if you submit the residence application on or after your next birthday. This reduction in points could result in your residence application being declined. We recommend that you submit your residence application before your next birthday."

This was my one big concern (of the many) I had all the while:

I know for a fact I'll not be able to apply before early next month ie., my birthday. However, even if 5 points are taken down, my points tally stand at 145 (150-5=145), which seems perfect. I'll go with an assumption that all the LTSSL, my MCA, my partner's qual., all come out in line with what the PAR said.

The ITA specifically says "This reduction in points could result in your residence application being declined." Hope the mere reduction from EOI stage does not automatically lead to app. being declined? It's just that if it goes below 140, there is a good chance of it being declined. Do I understand it rightly? Of course, any other changes to immigration rules in the interim "could" also lead to app. being declined, but that is beyond me anyway.

Please let me know if I understand this rightly.

Regards,
    laxgr

If you lodge after your birthday you will lose 5 points. If you application, once lodged and assesses leads to the award of less than 140 points it will be declined.

Thanks ChrisMwn,

This is the same question I had prior to be issued an ITA. But concern is around the wording, although I take cover under the fact that there is this word 'could' actually means what you say- reject if <140.
    I just wanted a confirmation that my understanding is right. Seems it is.

Regards,
    laxgr

It is.

Thanks a lot JandM!

That was reassuring enough- Phew..