Thread: IQA LTSSL points claim and work exp roles and responsibilities

Default IQA LTSSL points claim and work exp roles and responsibilities

Hello experts,

I'm back with a question. To refresh memories, I'm not working presently and my points tally is at 150 that includes 10 points toward LTSSL qualification and 15 bonus points toward experience in the area of absolute skill shortage. My experience is in ICT, all my jobs are in India, but the LTSSL last column gets me the bonus points.

Received ITA last night and I'm in the process of applying for IQA.

I have original experience letters (my name, from+to date, job title).

Under step 5 work experience of IQA guide, I see that roles and responsibilities are also stated as required.

"Please list all work experiences that relate to your qualifications. NZQA need to see original supporting documents showing your name, your employer’s name and address, the position held, a description of your duties and the dates you held the position.

References usually contain this information. If there is not enough space on the application to include your work experience, you should include a copy of your curriculum vitae (CV, resume or bio data). A clear description of your work duties and responsibilities is particularly important if you have vocational or trade qualifications."

Please look at the coloured area, does it mean I can submit an uncertified, updated resume to cover the roles and responsibilities. Also, I remember reading somewhere on this forum that pay details /pay slips need to be sent too, but IQA guide does not state that. Since I've not held employment in the last 7 years, it is extremely difficult to get hold of references.

Please help.
    Regards,
    laxgr

You have to supply references or your work experience will not be taken into account, and it has to be to allow you the correct number of points.

See here for suggestion. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....870#post515870

Thanks JandM!

By references, do you mean contact details of the employer or reference letters? I'm concerned if it is the ref letter, although I have formal experience letters given by my previous employer. Does that not suffice?

If you meant reference letters, can those reference letters be written in plain white paper (not necessarily on letter head) by my colleague/Manager without a need for attestation? I'm afraid I can't get these letters on company letter head.

However, I do have experience letters in original on company letter head (from /to date, job title). The only detail missing is the detailed job description. Are you saying that the reference letters are meant to provide that part? I still think by references you meant contact details and that I may be able to provide.

I was thinking of sending in my CV as stated in the IQA guide for job details part.

Please help. I'm mighty confused.

Regards,
    laxgr

Whatever the wording I or anyone else used, what is needed is evidence that you held down x job for y amount of time, in line with the work experience for which you are claiming points. It's not enough that YOU say what your responsibilities were - someone else connected with that business, either as employer, or HR, or line manager, or colleague, has to be prepared to state it formally for INZ's benefit.

Hi JandM!
    Yes, I do have original employer evidence provided work experience letters. And I can arrange some references that are available during the ITA process to help answer INZ queries. I'll note that point.

But with the evidence available as stated above and other qualification related documents, do I meet the needs for an IQA assessment? Asking so I can take up IQA and INZ requirements in parallel but the INZ part after completing my IQA step.

Please review and let me know
    Regads,
    laxgr

Hi JandM,

It will be very helpful to receive your kind reply on this one so I can collate stuff for the IQA.

Regards,
    laxgr

Page 12 of the NZQA guide http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/assets/quali.../guide-IQA.pdf, talking about the documents required, includes the line, "Employment records or employer references describing your work experience," having previously said, "NZQA requires original documents for all qualifications gained in all countries, and for all your work experiences." Your own self-prepared CV does not meet this description. As I've said on another thread recently about INZ, and it's the same for NZQA, they don't just take any applicant's word for details about themself, but require evidence from a third party.

NZQA look at the evidence supplied and satisfy themselves that the documents are genuine. That is part of their process in arriving at the outcome for the IQA. Having received the evidence submitted with the ITA, INZ in their turn then proceed to verify that each piece of evidence genuinely relates to the applicant, by contacting a third party who can confirm the truth of it.

Hi JandM,
    Thanks. I think I'll arrange for some reference letters to be emailed to me, print them off and submit them and include in the pack that would also contain original experience letters and original qual. from my previous employers.

Regards,
    laxgr