Thread: Work visa under partnership & PR

Default Work visa under partnership & PR

Hi all,

I have some confusions here and hoping you can help me to figure out.

My partner is a NZ citizen, he had supported his ex to obtain the work visa (under partnership) in 2011 and PR in the same year.
    Do I need to wait for 5 years before applying for work visa (under partnership)?

Many thanks in advance.

Yes, I'm afraid you do.

F2.10.10 a ii here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i30875.htm
    F2.10.10 Definition of ‘eligible to support a residence class visa application under the Partnership Category’

For a New Zealand partner (F2.10.2) to be eligible to support a residence class visa application under the Partnership Category they:
    must not have acted as a partner in a successful application for a residence class visa in the five years immediately preceding the date the current application is made
    And WF2 b iii here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/40501.htm, concerning partner sponsored work visas has this, showing that that limitation ALSO applies to a work visa.
    the New Zealand partner...
    is an eligible partner under residence family category instructions (see F2.10.10).

Thanks JandM,

Guess I will be in trouble...Do you think that I could possibly get the Work visa in the 4th year?

No. The instructions quoted there say your partner can't sponsor again until five years after the previous time.

What is your present visa situation? I mean, what visa are you now on, and what visas (if any) have you had before?