Thread: Energy Providers

Default Energy Providers

Hi All,

Getting frustrated with credit checks with energy providers. I am moving into am home on Friday this week and have secured a large home loan off ANZ and credit card, etc, yet some of these poxy firms reject due to lack of credit history - it's not like I can run off with electricity is it and they can cut you off if they were worried.
    I've been here 4 months, can anyway advise a decent company who doesn't put you through this rigmarole.

Cheers

We signed up Mercury when we first moved here and I don't recollect having any issues with them, considering I was barely in NZ for 3 weeks at that time. The only thing they required (as I remember was rental contracts, job contract and pay slips for couple of weeks). Who all have you tried?

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    We signed up Mercury when we first moved here and I don't recollect having any issues with them, considering I was barely in NZ for 3 weeks at that time. The only thing they required (as I remember was rental contracts, job contract and pay slips for couple of weeks). Who all have you tried?
    Yeah thanks for that a friend also suggested them and had no problems. I have been sorted by Energy Online, more fool Trust Power, National TV campaign and I wanted broadband off them as well. Using vodafone now as well, some of these daft firms not applying common sense, have they seen some of the people in NZ they give accounts to, enough said. Thanks anyway

Started with Powershop and now with Genesis--the latter because my husband works there and we get a discount. Neither required a credit check.

Also contact the real estate agent that sold you the house: they often have deals with service providers: we got a pile of such flyers when we bought our place in 2014.

Good luck!